• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another beautiful uncut early bronco for sale

OP
OP
crab

crab

Bronco Guru
Be sure to read the whole ad. I laughed even harder the second time I read it :'( ;D

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
this line made me laugh....

" As you can tell I have good money in it.."

Where?... $10 for gas?

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
must be a trend

That reminds me of the wild goose chase my wife and I went on early in the summer. We had been looking for a U14 for her for several months. Replied to an add on collector car trader for a U14 which was supposed to be rust free.....already converted to C4, had a factory 302...etc. I asked the guy who had a "large price" on it point blank-if I bring cash will I like what I see. Oh yes, no rust anywhere, just a few parking lot dings from over the years(8year old paint). So, we hitch up the trailer,(two states away to get it), go the bank and show up on time. We found rust holes in the bottom front of both front fenders, grille, the d.s. floor pan could be opened with a screw driver ALL the way across the seem, and lastly there were holes on both sides at the bottom of the bulk head. He asked me what I thought and I told him it needed some repair in addition to a paint job. He asked me if I wanted it and I told him I would have to take 2k off for paint and rust repair, sheetmetal replacement etc. He got so mad he said he could not take that and just drove off. Fortunately, I had paid attention to how I got there!!
That weekend teeeeeed me off so much I have been gathering parts and am in line with a buddy's body shop who painted an eb for me a few years back. We are going to restore my '66 for the better half this winter. Hope she lets me drive it!
KB
NC

Uncut....Schmuncut Who cares?? The way I look at it, I'm better off if it's already cut, less work for me.

I just don't see what the big deal is, unless you are doing some sort of concours resto job it won't matter.

From Websters:

excellent
ex·cel·lent adj.
Pronunciation (ks-lnt)

1. Of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good of its kind.
2. Superior

Man, where'd he get that stuff, I want some!!!

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Its doable for 1500.00 not a cheery but good parts. :p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I was thinking hunting buggy, after I steal the PS.

Miami is easy for me. I bet that truck wont make it out of the state.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I like these snipets.
73 Ford Bronco in Excellent shape all original..... (Can't argue with "All Original" as it looks like it just might be, excellent shape may be a bit of a stretch though)
The Truck runs and drives great, just needs a brake job and a new exhaust.....(Sorry folks but I consider good brakes a prerequisite of runs and drives great)
Just about Every thing works .......(Hmmm.... I thought he said excellent shape "Just About" menas there are some things that don't work)
As you can tell I have good money in it.....(That's obvious, the question is how much good money)

I have to say one thing though. It appears that the pictures are pretty honest. I.E. It is obvious that this bronco has some serious rust that needs attention and that it may even be beyond restoration because of it.

M

Miley

I figured "good money in it" was referring to the multiple tetanus shots needed 'cause of the rust, the DOT tickets he got from driving it on public roads, and the medical removal of someones foot from his a$$ after the buyer sees all the additional "quality" of that Florida (rust bucket) truck that can't be seen in the pictures.

I see I'm in rant mode. I better sign out now before something bad happens.
;D
Miley