• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another efi fuel line question

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Hey guys I've been trying to figure out which fuel rail to go with to clear my intake and it looks like the explorer set up is the way to go. But on my 5.8 I'm gonna have to cut the rubber lines off and lengthen them. From what I hear this is I new pita all together. My question is at what point with a built engine will the stock fuel line become restrictive? My motor is a moderately built 393 with aluminum heads and a roller cam. Would I be better off using some aftermarket bbk fuel rails? Or another brand? Rather than fighting those rubber lines on a stock set up anyways?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howdy. The common knowledge as i understand is that the stock rail system offers plenty of available fuel pressure and flow. A foot or so of 1/4 inch EFI fuel line and some EFI clamps and you are good to go.

The stock material comes off easy enough, just be careful.

i will be patching mine together this weekend, so if you want photos or better dimensions, let me know.

Hank

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Remember this fuel is being pumped to your engine at 40psi appr....that is a LOT of fuel...you won't use it all... :) Doubt if you'd have a heat/friction issue with that size line...

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
Thanks, That's kinda what I was thinking guys. It just makes me wonder though, what kind of motor WOULD need aftermarket tubes?