• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Lubr project.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Seems like everyone is doing a Lubr project anymore. Here's mine. This Bronco is my step child; it doesn't get the same love as any of the other projects. In the last 5 years it only gets work done on it when I am sulking over another project. I don't have any time or money to keep working on the 1970 crewcab with a 6bt conversion (mostly $$$) so it's time for the step child to get some attention again.

So far the drivers floor, passenger rocker, tailgate, and hood have been replaced. It has a 351W, NP 435, narrowed HP 44, new 2.5" Toms lift, and 31x10.50 BFG mud terrains on factory wheels. It's a U15 but I am going to run a 1/2 cab on it with a bench seat. I have a complete power steering set up for it, but still need to track down a manual tilt column.

Some may be amused and some may be horrified but I use it to tow the harrow around the arena.

Attachments

• DSCN1328.JPG
    DSCN1328.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN1329.JPG
    DSCN1329.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN1330.JPG
    DSCN1330.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN1331.JPG
    DSCN1331.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Personal Pics 052[1].jpg
    Personal Pics 052[1].jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Personal Pics 056[1].jpg
    Personal Pics 056[1].jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 71

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Nice looking Bronco and that crewcab is sweet!

That crewcab is going to be pretty cool with the 6bt in it. I'd like to see some pictures of that when it's done.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If anything can teach me patience it will be the crew cab. It's a big project. Plans are a 5.9 12 valve cummins, 5 speed manual, king pin 60 front, 78/79 power steering, small lift, 35's, 2 tone white over red...

I have pretty much everything for the project except the expensive part; the motor. Father in law has one sitting in the shop, just can't get him to turn loose of it.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
That's going to be nice. Are you going to run original seats in it? Some late model superduty seats would be pretty nice if they would fit.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's going to be nice. Are you going to run original seats in it? Some late model superduty seats would be pretty nice if they would fit.

I'll probably stick with something close to the original seats. The late model seats while they are comfortable never seem to look right in the older trucks (at least to me). I have some front bench seats out of a couple different 70's super cabs and they are very comfortable.

Doing a lot of the work myself, calling in some favors, and begging for help in other areas I probably still have another $12k to finish that truck.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
1. Sweet truck! Gonna be the tow rig?
2. Really dig the bronco and I love half cabs too. Perfect sleeper rig.
3. Like how you put the grill above the spot each rig parks.
4. Do you have 4 front hubcaps or did the center break outta the backs? I think some place sells new centers. JBG Im pretty sure.

OP
OP
kyle

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1. That’s the plan. However, it is nice to ride in my 2001 with captains chairs, AC, and cruise control. So we will have to see if coolness out weighs comfort.

2. I wanted it to have the old man look, but still be capable. It's getting there. I haven't decided what to do on the front bumper yet.

4. I hit the hub caps on the barrels in the arena while harrowing (I guess I got to close, but I haven't hit the fence yet). I have another set with good centers.

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
Nice Kyle! that halfy is looking sweet. i love the look. also love that crew cab! i just weasled a 72 short bed 2wd from a buddy of mine. i love that body style. i have another buddy with a 79 crew cab 4x4 that is beautiful and he will sell it to me for 8,000.00. if only i was rich!