• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ansen slotted mags

coreyvan77

I was wondering if anyone is running the new reproduction's of the slotted mags put out by American Racing. I can't find a hub diameter on their website and was curious if they'd have to be machined out in the middle. Slotted Mags look pretty pimp but are rare as hens teeth it seems. If anybody has any experiences I'd love to hear about them. Thanks.

Corey

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know if that particular aspect was discussed, but we were discussing those wheels just a few weeks ago, so there should be a thread not too far down the list.
Try searching the forum for a couple of pages, and if that doesn't work, pop the question into the search function near the top of the page.

Seems to me that if they make the wheel in a 5x5.5 bolt pattern, that the center hole should be big enough, but I bet that's not the case any more, not that there are apps with that bolt pattern but small hubs.
Never fails.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
coreyvan77

coreyvan77

Just a update had the tire shop call American Racing and they said they had the Sprint wheel that would fit my application of a 77 Bronco. Only one option to go with the 8 inch width with a 4.5 backspace. I was kind of hoping they'd offer it in a 7 inch width with 4.0 backspace to possibly fit on a LUBER someday. Don't know what to think yet. Order them or keep hunting for a set of old schoolers.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another option for a "modern" slot. They are however, only available in 17" for our bolt pattern.....

http://www.twe-inc.com/sltspecs.php

Here is a pic of one wrapped in a Krawler............... :)

Attachments

• SLT and Krawler.jpg
    SLT and Krawler.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 81

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"That is a beautiful sight? Is that yours? If so, what are you running it on?"

Thanks Chris, those are in storage for an upcoming project..............

"Karl,

Did you have the centers opened up?"
Hey Jerry,
They are a tight fit but will clear the 60 hub with some "light" encouragement :)

OP
OP
coreyvan77

coreyvan77

That would be a great option KB, but with the 4.00 backspacing might screw me on the 77. They do look awesome though.

Annapolis76EB

Loc.
Annapolis, MD
You might be OK with a 17" wheel and 4", or even more, back spacing. I would verify before I bought anything, but I am thinking it would work with a 17.