• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any interest in an LED lighting package (turn signals, side markers and tail ...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I've been working on a few products that might be of interest to the resto-mod crowd.

A package could include the following:

LED Turn signals for the front of the grill.
These would replace the lens that is on there now. There would be modifications required to make these fit and some wiring splicing to get everything functioning properly. They'd come in amber and have the ability to be clear or dark tinted when off, and amber when on. Running lights and turn signals would be retained.

LED Side Markers
These would be a sleeker design than what is currently available. Not much modification would be required here - probably one new hole to drill and some wiring splicing. Should be a 30 minute project for all four. And we could do red and amber in any combination.

LED Tail Lights
This would require some work. Basically we'd be retrofitting in a pair of 6" tail lights into the buckets. I'd provide the parts and the instructions but its not a plug and play upgrade.

My Bronco will be the guinea pig on this and I'll post pics once I get a finished product. Still very much in the R&D phase. The end result is a much brighter light and a sleeker appearance.

Pricing will need to be determined as well but here's where my head is at:

Front Turn Signals: $55
Side Markers (four in total and can be red or amber): $100
Tail Lights: $75

Total for a package of all: $200 plus shipping.

Just an idea though - pricing may change and I'll update this thread as I get closer to a product (assuming there's interest).

Comments?

Sorry no pics yet guys but I'll bump the thread when we get there.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'd be interested in those lights. Would you be retrofitting existing lights shipped to you? Or will we be doing the retrofit with detailed instructions? I'm looking to put some clear turning lenses in my 66 grill. Looking forward to this Tom!

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I'd be interested in those lights. Would you be retrofitting existing lights shipped to you? Or will we be doing the retrofit with detailed instructions? I'm looking to put some clear turning lenses in my 66 grill. Looking forward to this Tom!

I'm hoping to design something that will be a more direct fit. In order to keep costs down, I'd most likely ship the products out with instructions on how to install. If I can get the designs right they should go in without a fight but I better hold off on promises. :cool:

The turn signals will likely need a mount made to get them to fit in place of the lenses that are on there now (and would likely need to be able to work with both early and later model grills).

The side markers are the closest to being ready for release - I just need to document the wiring and snap some photos.

The taillights will install behind the factory lens but I still need to figure out mounting and wiring for these as well.

Last edited:

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
A rear back-up/ brake light mounted/ integrated to the hardtop would be kind of cool upgrade as opposed to getting a 4" off-road light mounted on bumper. It was a bear seeing behind my old bronco while backing up. Just some food for thought.

Regardless, better get your new lights figured out bc everyone is making out their Xmas list! Good luck!

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I'm interested, but unfortunately I couldn't put the money behind it for a while. Being visible is a concern to me when I am able to drive on the highway regularly, but the money goes to getting me on the road first, then I can think about lights.

But the reason I say this is so you know if you develop it, hopefully there will be continuing interest in it.

I've thought about converting to LED before, I do not like LED bulb replacements, but it sounds like you finally are working on a solution that uses LED/Lens combos made for each other, except for the rear lights.

I'd like to see how the rear turns out, that reflection pattern on the stock lens to me looks like it will ruin a clean LED look.

Sounds very cool and I'm glad your working on it. I'm just sorry I can't jump on it now, but I will watch with interest.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'd be interested in the grill lights if they retained a stock shape and appearance in size to the '66/'68 lights.

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
I'd be interested in the grill lights if they retained a stock shape and appearance in size to the '66/'68 lights.

Yep me too. Let me know what you got I am interested. I can't fit an filament bulb anymore so I need a flat led panel. Mostly interested in the turn signals.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
I'm listening and interested....but, I wouldn't need the side marker lights as mine has none!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Count me as interested for the front turn signals. Those and the license plate lamp are the only exterior lights on my Bronco that are still incandescent. Everything else is LED now, including the headlights. But the front turn signals are elusive. I've only found one guy who sells an LED turn signal assembly already. So it would be between yours and his when I'm ready to buy, if yours is ready yet.

BALCH-Autoworx

I'm interested too, did a LED bulb swap a while ago, and ended up selling it, good incandescents were brighter and much brighter from an angle. That said a well designed bulb lens combo would be great, I've checked out your headlamps and after I take care of a few more pressing issues will look at them more seriously. One thing to consider would be to provision the site markers as turn signals. There's a mod on here somewhere to do that with the stock lamps, I did it years ago and feel it makes driving a classic around distracted urban drones in their appliances much safer.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Here are the results of the side markers. I'll get better pics but this should suffice to see if there is interest.

The install is pretty straightforward.
Remove existing side marker
Cut the existing bulb holder
Strip the two wires and install the butt connector that's included in the kit
Connect the wires on the new LED side marker
Install the new LED side marker using one of the existing holes
Mark, drill, and install a second screw for the other mounting hole.
Stainless screws will be included with the kit

Pics of the stock rear marker the typical wedge bulb:

u3ysy3ys.jpg

zapenepy.jpg

New LED marker installed

ejy3use4.jpg

upemadun.jpg

The bezels that come with the markers are chrome but they can be painted any color.

Here are some pictures of the front marker

Stock:

murusyda.jpg

And the new LED markers installed:

avy3yzeq.jpg

za5anure.jpg

jy2ubetu.jpg

And some with both in the shot.

teva6yhu.jpg

6ybu5uba.jpg

Last edited:

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
That looks great, but I have to ask a question. Is there going to be multiple marker light options or are you only going to go with the oval models? I am kind of partial to the rectangular stockers and need to stare at your pics a little bit longer before I make a decision. Thanks for your support of our passion by the way.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
That looks great, but I have to ask a question. Is there going to be multiple marker light options or are you only going to go with the oval models? I am kind of partial to the rectangular stockers and need to stare at your pics a little bit longer before I make a decision. Thanks for your support of our passion by the way.

No other options. I wanted something that was a bit sleeker than stock. This started out as a one-off request just for my rig and I figured I'd toss it out to the group to see if anyone else was interested.