• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any matte black bronco's?

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
Gosh darn it to heck...........Too many flat black trucks already.......maybe I'll
go OD instead.........Blane you didn't just read that:-X ..........

BanditBronco

I am also in the process of doing this to mine. I shaved all the marker lignts and emblems off already and it looks pretty sweet. Go to wildhorses website and there is a link on the home page that has a murdered black bronco and a sweet orange one.

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa

behemoth

Bronco Guru
The engine pics do not appear to be a bronco engine compartment for the black one. that and it appears to be a big block.

Nice looking murdered out truck.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Have you thought about how you'd treat the headlights? All black with bright lights kinda misses the point. I've tried to tint my lights but it ended up purple and looked like crap. It would be cool if GTS made blackouts for the 7" headlights.

I'm guessing the light you painted was a red marker light? The reason you got a cast of purple on your light is because you probably used a blue black. You need a straight black. The blue in the black and the red light = a purple light:(

To smoke lights you sand them with 1000 wet sandpaper. Then get some clear and some single stage pure black. For the headlights you might need a 1:1 ratio of clear and single stage to get it dark enough. For the marker light you just use a very small amount of single stage in the clear to smoke them.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Heres mine. Painted with black paint with a flattening agent.

Attachments

• 76Br100.JPG
    76Br100.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 76BR37.JPG
    76BR37.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 76Br101.JPG
    76Br101.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 97

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Here's my brother's flat black Bronco:

dscn6867.jpg

It's murdered out except for the bling 17's. Body is flat black, cage and tubework are gloss black. More pix of it here.

Dusty

Lime73sport

Loc.
Starke, Florida
I'm trying to get pics of mine up its a 73 all black. I dye'd the trun signals and taillights black with rit dye its pretty simple. But I remember seein a old picture of a stroppe race bronco with a Blackout kits on the lights, headlights and all