• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any Tricks For Taking Gutter Chrome Off W/o Damaging It??

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
I have found that personally, it seems impossible to remove and reinstall gutter chrome without distorting it in some way shape or form. Need some ideas?

Lou

Loc.
San Diego
From what I see in the factory manual there is a whole butt-load of rivets on the back piece. I suggest you remove the gutter sealer back there. Then drill out the rivets. The back piece looks like it should slide off. then, The other pieces should come off pretty easily once you slide them to the rear a bit to disconnect them from the more forward pieces.
Now I'm saying this just based on what I see in the pictures. I do need to remove mine as well. One of these days......
Good luck.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
No rivets, just snapped on. See my post in the other thread.