• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody ever Line X their cage? Pics?

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
I do not have a family cage but my roll bar is done in bed liner as is everything else. I used speedliner... see pic

Attachments

• interior7.jpg
    interior7.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 38

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I second what Broncitis said for touchups and add ons. When I painted my cage I used 14 ounces of sealer if that and 20 ounces of single stage with flattening agent in it. My cage is not a small cage either as you can see. My cost would have been about $60 if I had to pay for materials.

Attachments

• Bronco cage 004.jpg
    Bronco cage 004.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Bronco cage 008.jpg
    Bronco cage 008.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 29

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I totally disagree. Obvisously you never shot raptor-x because i thought it shot with less over spray than paint and is verry easy to control. And you only shoot it about 50psi not 90! One gallon would be more than enough for any cage and that would run you about $130. There is no way you will find a shop to coat it for that or even twice that! Before you speek about raptor-x make sure you know what your talking about. Raptor doesnt shoot in a fan spray but rather a circle. You should easly be able to cover a family cage with two coats with less than 4 quarts or raptor. Best part is most people will think you paid the big bucks to have it painted! Again i suggest looking into a single stage urethane instead of any other coating.

Your right, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.%)