• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody make Roll bars for half cabs?

Goldhawg

I just purchased a 71 halfcab and I'm interested in a roll bar for the cab area and perhaps one back in the bed. Haven't seen one yet at any of the vendors. Anybody have suggestions?

thx!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure. Mike Kirkus sells the half-cab cages as kits or finished. I just installed the second half-cab kit I've bought from him over the years. Now I need to remember what the name of his new company is..Extreme Offroad Specialty or something?....guess I'll have to go look.

Edit: This guy..http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136117

7elk

Loc.
Albuquerque
There is a guy on Ebay that has in cab roolbars that are already welded or you can weld yourself.Also external rollbars. I have thought about the full in cab, if you get one let me know about fit.

BIGED

Guru ????
last year at ocbr looked at a nice one that gordon made .;D try www bailiebilt.com

OP
OP
G

Goldhawg

thx much...at least I now have two options. If anyone has experience w/either, or pictures installed to post, that would be awesome.

thx again.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/ohv/Roll-Cage-Front

Here are a few pics of the one I did.. I also did a floor drop at the same time so the seats set really low. It is not as strong as I would like but I did not want to put an X above the rear harness bar because I use a full top some and I wanted my kids to be able to climb over into the back. I do plan to put a pair of brow bars in a V up front, but it will most likely stay pretty much like this... especially since I picked up a Bronco that has been back halfed and tubed :)..

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Bailie built X3! Gordon did my cage and yeap id do it again! no pics on this puter sorry look in my gallery

knack

Contributor
I bought a roll bar for my half cab from these guys a couple years ago. Nicely made, good fit. They even changed the height from their standard design at no extra charge.

http://www.sterling-equipment.com/

Their website isn't the easiest to search. Best to give them a call.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Pics

Best pics I have of Bailie's 1/2 cab cage.......

Attachments

• BB01.jpg
    BB01.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 26
  • BB02.jpg
    BB02.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 47
  • BB03.jpg
    BB03.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 22
  • BB04.jpg
    BB04.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 25

meadowblaster

I checked out Extreme Custom Fabrication on ebay. The half cab cage they have looks nice, has anyone out purchased anything from them, pros and cons? Price is right, about $400 shipped. My Bronco will be street only, just basically need something to attach the windshield to when the top is off, to keep the rattling down.

meadowblaster

I just found my answer in the first post link. Any of you have a good picture of the Extreme Custom Fabrication half cab kit in their Bronco, with the top on and off? I am curious how the height of the horizontal bars sit with the height of the doors and windshield.