• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody know what this is?

Hasbeen13

Contributor
I’ve looked at it and many of the tubes on the top were cut so it must be original but not necessary
IMG_1011.jpeg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And the more it gets driven, the more likely you are to smell gas when you park it in what looks like a nice garage attached to the house.
If that’s the case, then I recommend you reconnect the system.

What year is the bronco? If it’s a ‘70 through’75, is the recovery tank part of the system still mounted behind a side panel just behind the driver seat?
Since it looks like it’s been repainted, hopefully that part hasn’t been removed. Not the end of the world if it has, but easier to reconnect.

Stock, gas tanks, or aftermarket?

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
And the more it gets driven, the more likely you are to smell gas when you park it in what looks like a nice garage attached to the house.

What year is the bronco? If it’s a ‘70 through’75, is the recovery tank part of the system still mounted behind a side panel just behind the driver seat?
Since it looks like it’s been repainted, hopefully that part hasn’t been removed. Not the end of the world if it has, but easier to reconnect.

Is there any diagram on reconnecting the whole system? I do have that gas smell and never knew it was related. My canister and recovery tank are present but I bet they need replumbing. I do not have the stock air cleaner—could I convert a vapor line to the bottom of an aftermarket air cleaner?

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Is there any diagram on reconnecting the whole system? I do have that gas smell and never knew it was related. My canister and recovery tank are present but I bet they need replumbing. I do not have the stock air cleaner—could I convert a vapor line to the bottom of an aftermarket air cleaner?
Nevermind! Found the diagrams in another thread. 👍

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"closed” PVC system might B part of this arrangement~
meaning theres a continuous circulation “top end” and
‘bottom up” (Valve Cover to Crankcase). This pecks offa
lill bit off that. Ahhh, the early ‘pollution controll’, so basic.
I like better now, its so much more positive, protective.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hasbeen13

Hasbeen13

Contributor

1974. New tank. Would like to upgrade the charcoal in this

Brush Hog

Contributor
Loc.
NorCal
Just a heads up that edlebrock part you link Is huge. I tried one for my air cleaner to attach to my oil cap vent. It takes a really big internal diameter hose think it was 3/4. I ended up making my own from a brass barbed elbow. Cheaper and came out way better.