• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody seen a REAR defrost kit?

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)
Hey-

I was wondering if it would be possible to squeegee on some kind of (simple looking) after-market rear defrost thingy, so my lifgate window didnt fog up anymore:)

anyone have a possible source of such an item?
thanks in advance!

All hail the BroncoGods ( and all other members)

KST1

I've often thought of installing one of the J.C. Whitney squirrel cage fan electric defrosters on the rear liftgate. Never looked to far into it, but it may work well. You could just hardwire it up to a separate dash mounted switch.

I think a thin wire defroster would look better but I've never seen an aftermarket one.

-D

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
I think I've seen generic ones in J.C. Whitney catalogs before.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Why would anybody want a rear defroster? Oh yeah, I live in Southern California! ;D

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
[quote author=72bronco link=board=5;threadid=21781;start=0#msg167815 date=1062806842]
Why would anybody want a rear defroster? Oh yeah, I live in Southern California! ;D
[/quote]

You know... At the Drive-In... when you realize the movie's over and you have to drive.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
As cheap as the JC WHitney kit is, I'd just get it anyways and re-apply the wiring grid after a year or two. :)