• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody tried a Flowmaster Super 50 Delta?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I'm looking at the Flowmaster Super 50 Delta, since the Delta 50 doesn't come in a 2 into 1

Has anyone used one?

How much louder would one muffler be than two of about the same size?

Action

Flowmaster

Can't answer your ? about Super 50 Delta. But I just went from dual flowmaster 40's dumped at the axle to a single 40 and fixed the exhaust leaks and all I can say is it sounds so nice now.
Jack

romerdoug

Sponsor/Vendor
I'm in the same boat as action, I can't answer about the delta 50. I do however run dual 44 series and hate them, they sound good for about 15 seconds. After that they are just annoyingly loud. I'm getting ready to swap them for something much quieter.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They say when you run two exhaust through the one muffler it will make the exhaust a little louder. Like BC's kit. Only one muffler to attenuate sound so it makes sense.
These Delta 50's are so quiet that I believe your idea is a rather good one. A little louder would be just fine with these.
Please let us know how this goes. I think you may really be onto something here,

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Flowmaster Super 50 will be fairly quiet with the 2 1/4" Dual Inlet and Single 3" outlet. Nice deep rumble without any popping or clatter. This is also a Chambered muffler that will NOT degrade like others that have the Packing inside.

The Flowmaster 70 Series will be closer still to stock sound.

BC has a Very nice kit with Headers included, however I think it's the muffler itself that is too loud because it is so small/short. There are 2 longer versions of the same Magnaflow Muffler. I went to the longest version with their kit on a 69 Bronco with a 347 and it was pretty quiet.

I would go with the Chambered Flowmaster Super 50 or the Chambered Gibson Superflow. Both of these have the nice, deep V8 sound.