• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anybody want a rider at OCBR?

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
My Bronco won't be ready to say the least. It's a bare frame with the front axle and lift right now. I would love to go and ride with someone else, hopefully one with a rig that is comp. to what I'm building. 5.5 Cage lift w/arms, 325hp 351W, 35" Boggers....

I'm use to playing with a fullsize Bronco, I can't wait to get my EB out of the garage. You can see some of my pics on my Gallery, the others you can see at http://www.supermotors.net/users/SpareParts.

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
everytime I have been there were plenty of people with extra seats. The guys that have the really bad rigs that do the class 5 trails are usually loaded. there are still plenty of people running 3 and 4 trails that are a blast with MT seats. I'm not going to have anybody riding with me most of the time as of right now. so you are welcome to jump in my ride if you see me around. I might have new paint, will still be blue but no stripe. just look for blue bronco with that front bumper and back bumper with a high lift sticking out of the end of it. no doors will be riding 2, 3 and 4 trails

Attachments

• front bumper 015.jpg
    front bumper 015.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I figured there would be seats somewhere. I'm talking to some local guys about coming down there also.

I guessed the guys running the 4-5's would be full, thats kinda why I was trying before I got down there. I'll probably jump around alittle and get to meet a bunch of people.

Thanks,

David

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Maybe I'll have one. Depends on whether I get my junk done, and if the Mrs & Twerpy come along.

I'm not sure I like being a maybe, that feels weird...

YellowBronc

Bronco God
I've been to the OCBR for a few years now and can tell you there will be plenty of open seats available from someone. All ya have to do is hang out at the OCBR tent and pick who you would like to ride with. La77 is right though, the big boys will always be filled up. The good part is, there is quite a few of those guys so there is always a chance to get with one of them.

See ya in the dirt.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
thanks for speaking up guys!! I'm still trying to cool off the
"Blazin' Saddle" from last wkend! It was HOT! and with
OCBR less than 60 days away there's tons to do.
We'll have our rider board again this year....so I'm pretty sure
you won't have a problem getting a ride.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
YellowBronc, are you going this year? I haven't noticed you lived so close, well not across the country at least.

1sorbronc77

Loc.
Kellyville, OK
well, if u can kick my ol' lady out, u can ride with me, but i think she can take on anyone when it comes to her seat in the bronco,LOL............

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I am reminded of an old story SpareParts %)

Fred and his wife Edna went to the rock crawling event every year. Every year Fred would say "Edna, I'd like to ride in the back of one of those rock crawler trail rigs there, up over those rocks and down those trails". They asked a few owners about a ride, but they all wanted ten dollars for one. Every year Edna would say "I know Fred, but those rides cost ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars". One year Fred and Edna went to the rock crawl and Fred said "Edna, I'm 91 years old and If I don't ride in the back one of those trail rigs this year I may never get another chance". Edna replied "Fred those rock crawling trail rig rides cost ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars". A Bronco owner overheard them and said "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won't charge you". Fred and Edna agreed and loaded up in the back of his Classic Half Cab Bronco. The Bronco owner does all kinds of rocks, steep uphills, downhills, off cambers, water crossings, big bumps, some fast turns and even gets a little air, but not a word is heard. He shows them what a Bronco can really do, over and over again, but still not a word. They finally pull over and the Bronco owner turns to Fred "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't". Fred replied "Well, I was gonna say something when Edna fell out, but ten dollars is ten dollars".

I am absolutely certain we can hook you up with a ride SpareParts, and it won't cost you ten dollars either ;)

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
Theres always an open seat somewhere. We never leave a guy or gal in the parking lot at OCBR because of lack of seats. I usually have passenger and back seats opened up but I'm having a brother and a few buddies come this year and mine will be packer full tilt.

But don't let that keep you from coming. Show up, we'll find you a seat!;)

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Do I need to register if it will just be me and no Bronco? I'd like to have the tshirt and be there for all of it, meals and such.

Also, do most people camp or do they do the hotel thing?

Thanks,
David

YellowBronc

Bronco God
SpareParts said:
YellowBronc, are you going this year? I haven't noticed you lived so close, well not across the country at least.

You bet I'm going this year! It would be hard for me to miss this yearly event.

I think the wife and I drove through your hometown earlier this year when we stayed at Robertsville State Park. We drove straight across 50 to get there. Wish I knew you were there, we could have stopped by and said "Hi".