• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone done a 250ci 6 cylinder swap?

Bferrari

If you are instaling a manual trans on a motor that came with an auto, don't forget to install a pilot bushing in the end of the crank.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
. jimmyv65 is on fordsix.com and he just posted a new picture today of his build and it looks great. One of the nicest Broncos I have seen.

Looks like you have join the forum, unless I'm mistaken. Could you post those pics of his stuff on here. Thanks

frenchy

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I had an old '72 rust bucket that had a 250 swapped in. It had a couple inches of body lift to clear the additional height and a couple inches of lift in the old superstiff springs to clear the oil pan issues. It was originally a I6 truck so the drivetrain was reused. The good thing was with the factory 4.11 gears it was a torquey little truck.

bmbm

pics from fordsix.com

Frenchy-Can't do that because of my technical skill level. Sorry.

CraigS

A V8 flywheel will work, just shave off the balance weight for zero balance.