• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone have the Edelbrock E-Street package coupled with FiTech?

tommyg

Contributor
I'm looking to get some more power out of my '74, but just a mild build. For the time being, I'm looking to just add FiTech and thinking to add the Edelbrock Performer intake manifold --- but I also want to think through the overall build as eventually I will want to build out the top end. I also don't want to buy just the intake if eventually I'm going to buy the full kit that comes with the intake. Might as well buy the full kit now if it's going to save me time in the long run.

Anyway, anyone have experience with this combo? would love to hear any feedback positive or otherwise. My engine is currently very stock running through the factory 2 barrel. Only real performance mod to date is an nv3550 with 4.56 gearing.

Appreciate any thoughts or feedback as I'm far from an engine expert. Thanks.

Rkeller411

I'm about to install that exact combo as soon as I'm done I'll let you know. Based on my research the FItech prefers a single plane manifold so we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tommyg

tommyg

Contributor
awesome, really interested to hear how it turns out.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm debating whether to source a low-profile single-plane manifold (sold my old Z-series prematurely of course!) with a divided plenum that I can cut down slightly, or adding an open spacer to the Performer.
I like keeping a low profile, literally, so trying to think of ways to avoid the spacer. But that's how many have overcome the whole dual-plane thing.

And it might not be much of an issue with the FiTech anyway Rkeller, as from our testing it's the most forgiving of mismatched components so far.
Justin here is running one and he's convinced. It runs way better than any time since he bought it, and he's tried both the Edelbrock and MSD TBI units beforehand. I think the intake and big cam were messing with things a bit.
His setup is a little different than most perhaps, with a pretty big cam from what we can tell, big exhaust, but a lower rpm Performer dual-plane intake.
Runs great so far!

Hopefully yours will too.

Paul

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I'm running a dual plane edelbrock performer with the FiTech and have no issues. It is a great combo for low end torque. I have also read the single plane articles with the FiTech and have not had any issues. I am also letting the unit run timing and it had been great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk