• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone lending there Bronco to Local Ford Dealer?

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Just was wondering if yall been approached to having your EB sit on Showroom floor to advertise the new Bronco (not sport). And would you let them if they asked.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Just was wondering if yall been approached to having your EB sit on Showroom floor to advertise the new Bronco (not sport). And would you let them if they asked.

I have not been approached but would be more than happy to oblige although my Bronco is not even close to being show room worthy. %) :cool:

tbruz

Contributor
I had approached my dealer about putting my showroom new 1976 on his sales floor and he couldn't see any benefits to him ..he hemmed and hawed about how he'd have to insure it.......I decided it wasn't worth it to pursue

hucklburry rev2

I know a bronco guy that works at a dealer, he said don't do it basically, no one treats those vehicles very well. Sure, put ropes around it? It doesn't matter, and kids scratching them and stuff, he seemed pretty much against putting an EB in there.

broncofiresmith

My local dealer asked me about putting my Bronco on the floor when they get their display Bronco. I’m not sure I want to leave it there for a couple of days with all the traffic in the showroom.

johnbeck

Stupid or just don't care

At car shows there is a high percentage of people who know not to lean or sit on your car. At a dealership you're likely to have a high percentage of those who are ignorant of that norm and those who don't care what is acceptable behavior. If you have a rough condition Bronco, fine. If you spent good money for paint, a couple of belt buckles across the fenders or a dent in the hood might cause some regret in your decision. John B

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
At car shows there is a high percentage of people who know not to lean or sit on your car. At a dealership you're likely to have a high percentage of those who are ignorant of that norm and those who don't care what is acceptable behavior. If you have a rough condition Bronco, fine. If you spent good money for paint, a couple of belt buckles across the fenders or a dent in the hood might cause some regret in your decision. John B

^^^^ This....my friend has a '65 Mustang that he poured money in and he rarely drives it. It took me 3 years of badgering him to take it to a show. He said he didn't want people all over his stuff. I told him 'they know better'

bronco1017

^^^^ This....my friend has a '65 Mustang that he poured money in and he rarely drives it. It took me 3 years of badgering him to take it to a show. He said he didn't want people all over his stuff. I told him 'they know better'

I was at a large local car show and saw a man walk up to a friends Bronco, open the door and put his kid in the drivers seat. That was a WTF moment

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
A local member of our club loaned his to a dealer for over a month. Not sure if he is on here but it didn't sound like he had any issues

109835721_10158634209563686_834745345219784754_o.jpg

fosgate150

I was at a large local car show and saw a man walk up to a friends Bronco, open the door and put his kid in the drivers seat. That was a WTF moment

That happened to me at a local cruise-in. The dad let the kid into my Bronco and was climbing all over the inside and then jumped in the back seat!! I was freaking out on the inside but just smiled and nicely said I would need to reclean/vacuum the inside so the dad took the hint. I have kids and I would never let any of them do something like that to any vehicle.

ransil

Bronco Guru
That happened to me at a local cruise-in. The dad let the kid into my Bronco and was climbing all over the inside and then jumped in the back seat!! I was freaking out on the inside but just smiled and nicely said I would need to reclean/vacuum the inside so the dad took the hint. I have kids and I would never let any of them do something like that to any vehicle.
You would have to clean the kid if he got in my Bronco

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Certainly if it was worthy, but likely wouldn't want my old beat up rock crawler.. haha

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
They don't want these old trucks hampering sales. Why buy a new Bronco when you can have a real one for less.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
They would have to keep a bucket of oil dry close by for mine. I doubt they want mine getting their clean floor dirty.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
DADDY THAT'S ABOUT what I was thinking .
Mine with the Diesel in it. Really what's that smell.
Where'd that oil spill come from.
... & That damn thing Is CAMO ..
Will the new Broncos come in CAMO. & WHAT PATTERNS. I don't
think they'll want mine ..

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I know the Ford dealer in our town bought 2 EB's about 2 years ago just for that purpose and he is trying to sell them too!

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pretty sure the last thing a dealer wants is for someone looking for a retro new bronco to see the real thing.