• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone on here have an ORIGINAL Special Decor stripe Bronco?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Original as they come, just not in the best condition. Original rust, mud, and patina! A candy apple red '77 Sport with black special décor stripes. I know this will help you make your decision!;D;D;D

Attachments

• 100_1313.jpg
    100_1313.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_1315.jpg
    100_1315.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_1317.jpg
    100_1317.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 47

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Dennis, does that Raven Black stripe appear semi gloss ?

Thanks,

Andy
Blue71

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Hey Andy. This old Bronco is pretty weathered, but I believe that the vinyl is actually gloss. But, the vinyl of 1977 wasn't as glossy as the new high performance Cast vinyls that are now available. I think that is why the new vinyls look a little different from the original which was probably somewhere between present day gloss and satin. The original vinyl was also thicker than the new 2mil material (the original was probably about 4-5mil).

In conclusion, I believe that I would use "Satin" if black was the stripe color and gloss if white was the stripe color. Does this make any sense?!?!

I look at the pictures, and the old vinyl does have some shine ;Like on the front fenders where the fading paint the rust stained water hasn't "chalked" on the vinyl. Maybe gloss is the way to go. I remember several years ago installing the rally stripe on a concourse restored Mustang and the owner had found NOS stripes (which believe it or not were in great condition; the transfer paper was hard to remove), and they were low gloss black vinyl. Maybe about the same gloss as a slick paper printed black like a magazine would be. (Hard to describe the sheen).

Last edited:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Dennis,

Right on the money with what I was thinking. Thanks again,

Andy

vintage bronco

Original as they come, just not in the best condition. Original rust, mud, and patina! A candy apple red '77 Sport with black special décor stripes. I know this will help you make your decision!;D;D;D

Thanks fordfan now I have an idea I still may go with upper belt line moulding and lower rocker mouldings.