• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running 16" rims?

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Anyone running 16" rims? (16×10) Just seems to have more options in the market but didnt know the pros/cons.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I used to. More options for the 16" wheels but actually, I think its becoming a toss up on options for 15 and even 16" tires.

I have a brand new set of five american racing wheels in a 15x10 and jones for something different. However, they also have brand new 35" rubber on them so I would likely take a beating if I sold them.

I would jump to a 17" wheel if I did it again. Anything larger than that looks goofy to me...

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
16’s are dying in the USA. Go 17 if at all possible. The challenge often comes down to styling, finding a 17” wheel with the styling that fits a classic truck can be a challenge. And why one of mine is on 15’s……

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
315/75R16 on 16X7's:

i-SSdfpzH-L.jpg

As has been mentioned already, it's a challenge. If I could have purchased those particular wheels (AR23's) in 17" I would have done so and run 315/70R17's instead. It would have been my preference, but American doesn't make those wheels in 17"
Getting the right back-spacing in a 17" for the FSB that wasn't 19 inches wide* was also a challenge.

*slight exaggeration......