• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running edelbrock shocks?

Ripcity

Loc.
Coos Bay, OR
I have a bronco with 4" lift and am looking at running edelbrock shocks I know they are no longer making them but what part number / model can we run? I could just measure them and go that route but if someone already did that and found the models that work please reply

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, but it's probably hit-or-miss with just standard ones. Especially with everyone's tastes so different.
I think they have some series that offer properly valved shocks for duals right off the shelf, but even if not, they have those that are available custom-valved to the users preference.

Ripcity, where can you still get the Edelbrocks? Do they offer them from inventory still, or do you have to find them squirreled away somewhere?

Paul

BlackMamba

Loc.
Huffman TX
I need softer shocks too, the duals are so stiff it rides like a chuck wagon off road! Corners like a street racer though! k bar s is what I have now.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's one of the nice things about a stiff suspension. Even a truck can corner well!
In your case, since you already have them, I would remove one from each corner and see how it works then.

If the shocks are still good, one alone will still work pretty well. If they're a bit soft (doesn't sound like it though) then if you can determine that one is better than the other, use the good one and chuck the bad one.

I like duals myself, but yeah, only if they're valved accordingly.
We are just at the beginning stages of experimenting and getting feedback from those that have already been down that road, to see what Bilstein valving works best for duals. We're spending the majority of our time on single apps right now, so it may take awhile to get duals down to the real nitty-gritty.

However, while we don't list them specifically, we can still sell Rancho RS9000's that have not only the usual adjustability, but are specifically valved softer, for dual applications. Not EB-specific, but could be a sweet alternative way right now of getting the better ride while retaining duals.
They're not on our standard list, possibly because they were not deemed initially to be exactly perfect fits for our kits. I bet there are some in there though that would work well anyway.

Maybe we can check some of those out and do some experimenting? I've been wanting too for awhile now, but since my once proud daily-driver EB is now not-so-proudly taking up driveway space, it's not much of a test-bed for suspension mods!

Would be worth playing with I would think. Especially for those that are looking for new shocks already.
A single shock is the more desirable from a cost standpoint of course. And all that most people really need. For those still wanting to run duals though, getting the best duals for their personal needs would be a huge bonus.

Also might beat waiting for the correct Bilstein to be offered. Or guessing at your own custom valving and not being happy with the results.

Paul