• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires?

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone have any input on these tires? I have always went with the B F Goodrich Mud Terrains or All Terrains. These have some good reveiws and look like a very aggressive tread. I know they say the sidewalls are not as heavy as some tires? I basiically drive on the street and do no hard wheeling, other than some mud and snow in the winter time. :cool:

Attachments

• GOODYEAR.jpg
    GOODYEAR.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 65

matt2500

ive seen them in action and they seem to paw pretty well in the hard pack snow they are going to be my next tire choice on my dually

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I have a set on my truck (Dodge 3500). I like them, but I don't think they'll last but probably 30,000 miles if I wanna have any tread left on them.

Tyler W

Loc.
Booneville
I got a set on my f150. Only got about 500 miles on them.

Sent From My Samsung Fascinate Using Chuck Norris

mkcj

Loc.
Seatac/Winthrop, Wa
I would say above average in the mud and dirt and are the quietest tire I have ever had. But hands down the best snow tire I have put on my Dodge ram 2500 Diesel my truck has 250K miles so I have had a few sets of tires on it.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My brother has them on his Rubicon and likes them on the road. They are pretty hard and he spins a lot on rocks.

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
Ive always liked goodyear tires since the 70s. Unless its changed...the warranty runs out before you leave the tire shop. With this in mind, I would buy them with a road hazard policy from one of the mass tire sales stores.
Recently, I bought a full set of high dollar tires for the wifes high dollar import. Two weeks later...she blew out two of them. Cost me 60.00 to replace em. They were over 250.00 each!
BTW...thats tire looks good. Cant wait to wear out my sumitomos (low on funds back then)

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Keep the thoughts coming. I appreciate any and all input. I still like BF Goodrich tires too!

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
almost everyone on the jeep cherokee forum i am on loves these tires, i would run em on my jeep but they dont have the 30x9.5 size i need.

dmargnut

Loc.
Santa Fe, NM
Just put a set on my commuter car (95 4Runner). So far so good but probably wont see snow till next winter. Quieter than expected. Only bummer is that cost of these delays my Bronco project($$). :(

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I have them on my explorer and F150 have about 10,000 on the explorer ones no sign of wear and about 7000 on the F150 with absolutely no wear love how they handle in the snow and ice, and they are decent off road.

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
I have set on my tow rig. Best damn snow and Ice tires I have ever had. I have a heavy cab over camper and flat bead and the tires have been wearing evenly, not loud and hardly even notice and wear since last spring. I took them in to get roated and a guy had them on his F350 as well and it was his second set. He was a landscaper and said they are the best tires he has had as well. Do some searching on the Jeep forums. They get killer reviews.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Have them on our 250, best snow tire we have had. MUCH quieter than the BFG's we had. Not sure how they wear, we have only had them a couple months.

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I have had them on my patrol truck for a couple of years. Good tires just way too soft. I only get a 12,000 miles out of the front tires and 20,000 miles out of the rear. Of course they are hard miles with lots of twisting roads. they are very good in snow, mud and dirt.

AlbertaU14

I have a set on my GMC 3500 Dually. Very good for ice and snow. We've seen our fair share of the white stuff this year. I have not needed to shift into 4 nearly as much with these tires. Seem to be wearing better than the Generals the truck came with. I have about 40000 kms (25000 mi) on them with average wear. Rotating seems to really help with the life of these tires. I don't tow or haul very much anymore but suspect that also has contributed the the life of these tires. I think they would be very good on something the size and weight of an EB.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
that's all good to hear. I just ordered a set for the tow rig. Should be in in about a week with new wheels to boot.

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
We run them on our 1 and 2 ton trucks and they do good in the snow. they are not loud like other mud tires. They do not last very long for hwy driving. some of our guys are only getting 17,000-20,000 on them.