• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running Hutchinson Rock Monster Wheels on Their Bronco?

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
129_0805_04_z+4x4_bead_lock_wheels+hutchinson_rock_monster.jpg

RM3.jpg

88ce8d4fa89add09-large.jpg

I love the look and functionality of the Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlock wheels,
http://www.rockmonsterwheels.com/
...specifically the ones they say are made for the Jeep CJ's (same bolt pattern):
http://www.rockmonsterwheels.com/products.php?product=jeepcj

Yes, the backspacing is too great at 4.63" (4-5/8") but that COULD be remedied with a high quality spacer. For those that haven't ever looked at these wheels they have an INTERNAL beadlock system that's pretty trick and DOT approved. And, I suppose you wouldn't ever have to pay tire mounting costs again:).

I really don't NEED bead locks and don't really want to spend this kind of money on wheels. BUT, I was curious if ANY early bronco driver was running them and if they had pics. In my mind's eye they would look awesome on an EB, but maybe not.

??????? Any pics woudl be greatly appreciated....

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Looked at them years ago. Never heard anything bad. Just never bit the bullet and got them. Needed new tires as they are only available in 17s. Just never needed new tires after I found the rims.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
A local Bronco friend of mine has them for his project. I checked them out the other day. Very nice wheels.

He was dead set on these since he has seen the Hutchinson internal dual beadlock used on many military vehicles and was impressed with them.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We have a set for our FSB project we are building, VERY well built wheel!

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Looks identical in design to a H1 double beadlock. Never used the Hutchinson, but have used the H1's with the HDPE inserts with great sucess. The only drawback was the weight, but the alloy Hutchinson wheel would remedy that, for a price.

OP
OP
J

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
Okay, this is a shameless bump on this thread just to see if there's anybody different looking today. I still have yet to see a bronco with these on it.

Anyone?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Here is a pic I took the other day of my friends 38x14.50-17 MTR's on RockMonstrers on his current project.

The Bronco had a cover on it, so I did not take any of the entire vehicle.

Attachments

• CIMG9225.JPG
    CIMG9225.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 208

ransil

Bronco Guru
I seen one over the weekend, very nice wheels.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Bringing this back to the top.

Could these be made to work on a '76 Lubr? If not, what would it take? Modified steering, aftermarket radius arms...???

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Why are 3 of the bolts longer? Nice looking wheels

I think that is for ease of starting the bolting process. You can screw the two halfs together easier with the long ones and then start the shorter ones.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Why are 3 of the bolts longer? Nice looking wheels

I asked them that exact question at SEMA a few years back...
When you put it all together those 3 longer ones will let you start sucking everything together so you can start the remaining nuts. I also asked about damaging the studs, especially the longer ones. they claim it really isn't a problem. I also recall someone who makes caps for the studs to protect them.

bigjhoov

nobody
I've put a few sets together. I've tried, unsuccessfully, to get one set apart. They're a mofo for sure. Nice wheels though.