• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone seen my wiper motor?

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Last night i am trying to get some more loose ends tied up before a trail run this weekend, and for the life of me i cannot find my wiper motor, i have the wipers and linkage, wires and switch. but no motor, i could have swore it was on the shelf with the the stuff.....i looked for 2 hours..still nothing. I have one on a 72 parts truck, but i dotn know if it works and the inside smells like urine so i hate having to pull parts off it. OK, just had to vent...that motor is probably with the worn out manual steering box that went missing....i am pretty sure someone broke into my shop, knew exactly where that was and took it, and didnt touch the Broncos, Tools, Corvettes...

Grant

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Last night i am trying to get some more loose ends tied up before a trail run this weekend, and for the life of me i cannot find my wiper motor, i have the wipers and linkage, wires and switch. but no motor, i could have swore it was on the shelf with the the stuff.....i looked for 2 hours..still nothing. I have one on a 72 parts truck, but i dotn know if it works and the inside smells like urine so i hate having to pull parts off it. OK, just had to vent...that motor is probably with the worn out manual steering box that went missing....i am pretty sure someone broke into my shop, knew exactly where that was and took it, and didnt touch the Broncos, Tools, Corvettes...

Grant

Have you looked behind that blue box in the corner? No...the light blue one...on the upper shelf....

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
At least twice a week I go to the shop looking for a part, tool, and swear someone stole it. I always find it sometimes it just pops up, But mostly I put it away and don't remember where! The other theroy is the wife and kids are messing with me and this joke has gone on way to long. So do what I do, head to to store and buy a new one. I now have 3 or 4 of almost everything.
Marty

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Get your wife to look. She'll find it in under 2 minutes guaranteed!

If you don't have a wife, get your neighbor's wife to look. The "find" gene is on the the part of the X chromosome us men don't have.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
At least twice a week I go to the shop looking for a part, tool, and swear someone stole it. I always find it sometimes it just pops up, But mostly I put it away and don't remember where! The other theroy is the wife and kids are messing with me and this joke has gone on way to long. So do what I do, head to to store and buy a new one. I now have 3 or 4 of almost everything.
Marty

Just wait until you pass the half century point. You wont be able to remember what you're looking for!%)

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Get your wife to look. She'll find it in under 2 minutes guaranteed!

If you don't have a wife, get your neighbor's wife to look. The "find" gene is on the the part of the X chromosome us men don't have.

Thats real funny, at least once a week I have her part or tool hunting, man she is good!

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
i am pretty sure someone broke into my shop, knew exactly where that was and took it,

My dad always used to blame me for losing or taking his tools. When I moved out someone started breaking in and stealing stuff.%) Poor guy...

Women have the find gene. I guess we have the over look gene because someone has been stealing my tools too.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
...and I still can't remember what I was looking for...

John

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Women have the "FIND GENE" because they F#$%^^&* move everything. If you do not touch my stuff............I will know exactly the close vicinity it is in! I can't ever find anything because she is constantly rearranging/moving S#@*!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

spixican07

Loc.
Houston
Man thats the truth. In the course of changing an alternator, PS gearbox and adjusting the doors my dad and I have managed to lose 4 washers 1 nut 2 bolts and a socket.

And we use a tray to hold the loose parts ?:?