• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone tell me what size wheels and tires are on this bronco?

70_Steve

Old Guy
This the one you're looking at?
TRR11.jpg

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
I did shoot them an email,but no response..so,thought I would ask on here..really like the looks of it..thanks for attaching the pic !

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Nice looking rig,I would say 15x36x14.50 w/15x10 wheels,those are definitely TSL Super Swampers,no mistaking them.:cool:

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
thanks everyone..was curious...who has the best deals on swampers in that size? wonder what the backspacing is on that combo? its typically 4.5" correct? thanks

Doyle

Bronco Guru
3 5/8" was a popular backspacing for a lot of the 15 x 10s

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those could even be 15x12 wheels. Very hard to tell with some, as backspacing greatly effects the dish depth.
If 10's, I'd have to say 3.5" bs. If 12's, perhaps 3.75" to 4" maybe?
Too bad they don't give much detailed info like they used to. Or maybe now they expect you to look in the book for that!

And all that on an un-trussed Dana 30 too. Guessing they don't go pre-running for the truck in the background.;D

You might want to query someone in their marketing or IT/Web departments. Not everyone is going to know the history and setup of each vehicle they show on the web.
Assuming you have a choice regarding where your e-mails end up.

Paul

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
thanks guys, they only had one email address on the site,so that's the one I sent it to

I'm hearing impaired,or would try and call them

ps, going by their site..it appears the backspacing is 3.81" for that wheel..if it's a 15-10..which is the widest wheel they offer in that design..after doing a little searching,i found the specs..

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
For a 14.50 tire I don't see enough sidewall bulge for 10" wheels. I'm guessing those steam rollers are on 12s.

You know it is a show truck since it is still rolling on a Dana 30 up front, at least they disk braked it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
American Racing has always tended to limit their wheel widths to 10" (with a few exceptions) but I was even thinking to myself (until now of course;)) that those wheels sure look like Eagles or ProComps. Granted, the folks at AR would certainly know a lot more about their wheels than I would. And there are definitely similarities, as there often are. But my first thought when seeing that picture was that they were Eagle Alloys.

But I've been wrong about things like lift heights, wheel widths, and all sorts of other things before, based just on a photograph.

Be interesting to find who owns that Bronco and verify all the gory little details.
I don't mind being wrong. I love the test-and-answer sessions!

Paul

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
I'd love to chat with whoever owns it..but I doubt that will happen..looking at the pic when enlargened on the site,it looks like the tires have a decent amount of "bulge" but wether or not its a 10 or 12" wheel I have no clue..if it is their wheel,then the only size they have for that bolt pattern is a 15-10 with 3.81 backspacing..i'm guessing that backspacing is what works best with that size wheel and tire..with a 12" wheel and that tire,i wonder how much worse it would rub on the arms,etc?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably less rub on the radius arms, more on the body. LOTS more on the body unless the lift and fender openings are sufficient.

Paul

OP
OP
ricky

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
For a 14.50 tire I don't see enough sidewall bulge for 10" wheels. I'm guessing those steam rollers are on 12s.

You know it is a show truck since it is still rolling on a Dana 30 up front, at least they disk braked it.

well,i could be off on the size for sure..looking up that tread design as a original super swamper..the only size I see in a 36" -15 is a 12.50 wide tire

there is a 35/15/15 but it looks taller than a 35"

and then there is a 38.5/16/15 and I'm thinking that's too tall,but looks fairly wide..hard to tell from a pic :-(