• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone try the wavetrac diff?

methcat

Loc.
long beach
Anyone on here use a wave trac diff? To what ive heard the are some tuff MOFO's. I know its pricey but im thinking abt outting my rearend build off till the summer to get a moser built third member with one of these and 4.30 gears.

did you ever wind up getting one of these? there is almost zero 4X info on them other than guys starting to put them in front of raptors.... i only found one negative review, post 7 here. , though, most "rave reviews" are only speculation...

i wouldn't even consider something this pricey that's a limited, but it looks like the 31 splines are currently discounted... i think it's still a new item for them.

link

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Seems like overkill for any realistic EB application. Seems like a great idea for a road course / autocross.

methcat

Loc.
long beach
i dunno, seems like if you split your time on the sand, street and rocks, it'd be kinda usefull. torsens are great on the sand, and they'll(wavetrac) still let you get traction with lifted tires (supposedly). on sale, it's a couple hundred more than the truetrac. from a pure horsepower standpoint, they seem like they might even be more reliable than arb for the 9" (at least they seem to claim that). definitely not for very specific prupose vehicles.