• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone using Megasquirt?

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I have a Megasquirt set up I bought to tame another project but was considering put it on my Bronco and wanted to see if anyone was using it.

I think I'll start by using it to control spark only to get used to the set up and programming while cloning the fuel curve from the carb as a baseline.

larryejoh

I've been using it since about 05 on my 200 six. I'm just using it to control my TBI without spark control. Some day I'm going to upgrade to Megasquirt 2 and control my spark. So far no issues. I assembled mine from the kit.

distended

Contributor
Doesn't sound like anything legit other than something involved in the adult entertainment industry.

Is this something for fuel injection?

Archangel

I plan on using it for my stroker build, currently running the PNP ECU on a friend of mines fox body, 408 with 88mm turbo, i realy like the setup over factory ECU

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am probably going to use a Megasquirt on the 4.0L V-8 EFI conversion in our '69 after buying the latest "universal MPI system" offering from Holley and discovering every connector and harness detail is only for GM system components.:(

larryejoh

With Megasquirt you can use Ford sensors but you have to recalibrate for them. It is set up to use GM sensors. I ended up using GM coolant, air and o2 sensors since that was the easiest.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With Megasquirt you can use Ford sensors but you have to recalibrate for them. It is set up to use GM sensors. I ended up using GM coolant, air and o2 sensors since that was the easiest.

That's good to know!...thanks.

OP
OP
pcf_mark

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
It is all about the evolution...

I have a really cool (not) new idea for fuel delivery using the stock tank etc.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man, I thought you were perfecting the Holley?

Me? I became very comfortable with the Commander 950 system(s). Very. But now those are pretty long in the tooth and Holley came out with the new system a few years ago to replace the Commander. I bought one. Bax warned me that I wouldn't like it. I don't.%)

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
When I get the rest of my build done I plan to put a DIYEFI system on mine. Building an EFI system from the ground up has always been on the bucket list so I figure I am going to do it on the 347 before I do a diesel swap so that I can scratch that itch.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Building an EFI system from the ground up has always been on the bucket list

Ironically, perhaps, my company actually builds and programs specialized micro controllers for the marine industry. Our Motorola Coldfire -based control nodes would make a killer ECM. 16 channels of analog input, 8 channels of analog output, 12 channels of digital output, 15 channels of digital input..etc etc..

But the heck with that..the last thing I want to do when I leave the office is build another set of software or hardware. :p I really like what Megasquirt has done.