• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD about to enter the world of Bronco?

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
Hey I finally have some kind of progress to report and now have a question... I am trying to run down the adapter to connect the aod to the d20 and have this to ask... HOW??? what do I have to do to install the new tail shaft? anyone know? I will get pics on here asap with this exciting development for me if anyone is intrested... YEAY ME!!!;D ;D ;D

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
The best thing to do, is take it to a tranny shop, and have them do it...You have to completely take apart the trans to change shafts...DON'T DO LIKE I DID, and try to do it yourself...There is no room for error in an AOD auto tranny...
It ended up costing me a grand to get the tranny rebuilt, with the new tailshaft, (cause I thought I could do it myself) when it could have only cost me 100.00 to have a tranny shop do it in the first place...Lesson learned

Lttrbox

Loc.
IF
Im definitely not a tranny guy. I let the pros deal with that stuff. Ive only rebuilt one with a pros help and felt like a fish outa water.

OP
OP
VBH289

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
Wow, thanks guys, I think I about fell from the frying pan into the fire.... I will just take it somewhere!;D ;D ;D

vap13

I did the same and and took it to a tranny shop. I also bought the AOD from him that he beefed up for me and assembled the adapter to it for $650.00 total. Some things I I leave to the experts. Although I just recently installed the whole assembly, (engine, trans, adapter and transfer case ) so I don't know how it all works. Still have alot to do.