• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD question

Tulsa76bronco

Can anyone explain to me where the neutral safety wire and the reverse switch in my harness connect to my AOD. They were not connected at all when I started

Broncobowsher

Total hack
On the driver's side of the transmission find where the linkage goes through the case.
Directly above that (maybe 4" or so straight up) is the switch that should have 4 wires going to it. That is the reverse and nuetral start switchs.

OP
OP
Tulsa76bronco

Tulsa76bronco

Is this it

Is that it in the back ground and if so can I just wrench it off? Will I need to get a new one to screw back on as I said nothing was hooked up before

Attachments

• IMG_2829.jpg
    IMG_2829.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 39

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't know of a source of new ones. Junkyard should get you a good used one. Ford put a lot of AODs in a lot of cars and trucks in the 80's and early 90's.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or you can make your own out of a Weatherpack 4-wire connector.
I'm assuming that you only need the NSS and backup lamp functions? If so you only need the two Black w/red wires, and the two Red w/blue wires anyway.

I even do that Weatherpack conversion on stock C4's when doing the whole chassis re-wire. Nothing wrong with the stock ones of course, but the new ones look and work even better.
The down side is that you have to do it anytime you change the switch. But even with the old C4 variety, they don't fail that often.

Paul