• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are after market windshield frame hinges any good?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cant decide whether to use my old hinge, or just get a new straight one? Let me know on the quality, etc

Thanks Much,

Blue71

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
The SS hinge that I got with my fibreglass windsheild frame is still holding up...

I'd say if the original hinge is still in good shape, good ahead and reuse it..

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I have a Stainless hinge that came off a fold down bunk on my dads boat, I have no idea who made it or where it came from, but I couldnt pass up free...

OP
OP
Blue71

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you have to do anything different with the SS hinge (prep wise) if you are going to paint it?

Thanks again,

Blue71

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I wouldn't paint the SS hinge. Then the paint would just crack when you flex it. My friend's Green 68 has had one on for 6 years now with no issues.

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
try a nut and bolt supply place. I know around here that sort of place carries ss continuous ninge. I dont see why it wouldnt be strong enough but I dont plan to move my windshield.