• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are we killing the breed?

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
[quote author=tcjones76 link=board=5;threadid=12930;start=15#97209 date=1041726376]<br>When is someone going to reproduce the EB firewall, rear floor, inner rear fenders and inside rear quarter panels in metal? With all the aftermarket reproduction part's already available , that's about all that's left before you could build a brand new one from scratch.<br><br>Unfortunately for me, I am currently being torn between keeping my stock EB uncut and scribing the line on the fenders for the sawzall. <br>[/quote]<br><br>You can get all of what you asked for above from JBG except maybe the Firewall. I'm not sure if that one is reproduced yet. ;)

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'm keeping 2 of mine stock.......................looking. ;D

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
To get a complete answer ask yourself How safe is an orginal Bronco? I mean most of the Broncos have mods that make them safer (disc brakes, new driveline, better seats, roll bar) there are few that go no holds-barred mods. I think there will always be a few stock Broncos, they will just be really hard to find, and really expensive. :)I actually believe that we are keeping the breed alive. :) Just look at all the Classic cars and trucks before us that have disappeared off of our roads, and back roads. With out us, there would be A LOT less Broncos.

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
'68 stock 289, stock exhaust, uncut, no rust, drum brakes, vacuum wipers, sealed beams, NRA stickers in the side windows, all-steel interior(with original dust!), original paint...<br><br>Dog and wife love it.<br><br>What else could a guy want? ;D

TahoeBRONCO

Loc.
N.Tahoe C.A
I just sold my original un-cut 73 to an older guy who said he drove one to<br>high school,I'm pretty sure he's going to do a full resto.<br>I've got wicked plans on a 69 frame -79axels,any body got a descent <br>cut tub near tahoe c.a.?<br>Broncos will survive modified and stockers because people are passionate about em.

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
What a great topic and subsequent discussion.<br><br>I am just glad mine was cut when I got it - I would have hated to have to make that decision.<br>

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
as rare as the uncuts are getting now.you would have to be a freakin moron to cut it :p. in a few years the uncuts are gonna be the ones worth money. ;) thats why when i bought mine i wanted an already cut rig. 8)

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
I didn't feel bad about cutting mine because anybody who would do a good restoration to it would have to replace the fenders and quarter panels anyway, due to rust. Mine is almost rust-free now since I cut anything that has rust. That almost seems like saving it to me.?

Panama71

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
With the availability of quarterpanels I am not concerned about wether someone wants to cut his Bronco or not. If we are going to kill this breed its going to be by "parting out" Broncos. Every one parted out is one fewer on the road and one less potential Broncoholic. I have seen at least 20 Broncos parted out in the classified section in the last few months. Maybe I am just being paranoid because I hate seeing any of these old beasts die.

hackyrat

I think there is enough interest in originals and enough originals out there that we will not see them all gone. As you all see, parts are being reproduced and easier to obtain. I like upgrades that make the truck more reliable, better and safer so I don't mind reasonable changes in engine, transmissions, suspensions, steering, ect. But I think quality of craftsmanship in rebuilding an original or cool modificatons is the key to us and others enjoying our aging equipment.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
I'm all for any "reasonable" upgrade (disks, auto, PS, EFI, slight lift), but as far as I'm concerned, anything more takes away from the value, they're worth much more in they're original condition. I've seen plenty of good, stock Broncos get butchered, and I'm like....."what were they thinking??"

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I bought my 66 because the engine isn't the original and it was cut. If it had been an "original" truck, I'd have passed on it. I think there is room for both "original" uncut trucks and people who will preserve them and also the modified trucks, which was the nature of the bronco, people began changing them as soon as they came off the lots. <br><br>I feel the prices may increase on them, I sold a decent 72 on ebay two years ago for under 1000, now the same truck would bring closer to 2000. <br><br>The thing about that truck was, they were going to cut it up for parts.<br><br>snake

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Its evolution baby! Survival of the strongest! Beasty Broncos are better equipped to handle the harsh environments better than their earlier counterparts

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
[quote author=Panama71 link=board=5;threadid=12930;start=15#97327 date=1041785168]
If we are going to kill this breed its going to be by "parting out" Broncos. Every one parted out is one fewer on the road and one less potential Broncoholic. I have seen at least 20 Broncos parted out in the classified section in the last few months. I hate seeing any of these old beasts die.
[/quote]

SO TRUE!!!!

I'm sure there is less EBs now than from the time I first started my project. I hate to admit it but I'm responsible for one. Maybe the person that bought it from me fixed it up but it was too far gone.

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
[quote author=Panama71 link=board=5;threadid=12930;start=15#97327 date=1041785168]<br>With the availability of quarterpanels I am not concerned about wether someone wants to cut his Bronco or not. If we are going to kill this breed its going to be by "parting out" Broncos. Every one parted out is one fewer on the road and one less potential Broncoholic. I have seen at least 20 Broncos parted out in the classified section in the last few months. Maybe I am just being paranoid because I hate seeing any of these old beasts die.<br>[/quote]<br><br><br><br>sometimes "some have to die so that others may live" :-U

Panama71

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
{sometimes "some have to die so that others may live"} <br><br>There are very few parts that you can't buy these days. In the course of my current restoration I have yet to find something I need that I can't get without killing another Bronco. But, I do admit that some Broncos are gone far enough that they have to be put down. I just think that "parting out" should be a last option and done only when there is no hope.

broncoswede61

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles,CA
By all rights my Bronco should have been parted out or crushed when I bought it in '96....but I saved her.What makes Broncos so unique to me is that unlike most classic vehicles ,many still do what they were built to do.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
mine is uncut, but has rust in the corners, I mean HOLES, both front and rear. Also the dings and dents I have produced pushing the envelope. If I keep it original I have to buy aftermarket fenders, which are not original, so I am stuck either way. If I had the chance to own an EB that was rust free and uncut, I would. I am afraid it is too late for Ernie. Contemplating using a sawzall and 4" angle grinder on him is pretty scary though. <br><br><br>This rig is truly a cult truck. I love to scroll through the photo gallery and see what people have done. Its part of what makes this so much fun: Everyone that owns one has a different vision of what it ought to be.<br><br>dpm

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=12930;start=30#97596 date=1041890494]<br>mine is uncut, but has rust in the corners, I mean HOLES, both front and rear. Also the dings and dents I have produced pushing the envelope. If I keep it original I have to buy aftermarket fenders, which are not original, so I am stuck either way. If I had the chance to own an EB that was rust free and uncut, I would. I am afraid it is too late for Ernie. Contemplating using a sawzall and 4" angle grinder on him is pretty scary though. <br> <br><br>This rig is truly a cult truck. I love to scroll through the photo gallery and see what people have done. Its part of what makes this so much fun: Everyone that owns one has a different vision of what it ought to be.<br><br>dpm<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh yea, and when I came down hard on the pass side rocker, a 12 strip of 2" wide x 1/4" thick bondo fell off. I just hope Ican still get a rock ski on it.