• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Arizona Classic Bronco Oct. club run

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Late night, all thats left to do is put the radiator and battery back in. Break cam in and then the grill and bumper. Thanks for the help Mitch, Kurt and Dave. Time to go to work

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Good job Bill, glad you're gonna make it.

I gotta get 2 new rear tires today at noon and I'll be ready.

Are the East Valley guys meeting up somewhere to make the trip to Punkin Center?

OP
OP
Mr Rags

Mr Rags

Contributor
We will meet at the McDonald's / Cheveron on the Southeast corner of Main and Ellsworth if everyone is good with that. I think we should pull out at 7:00 AM. I will be there about 6:30 to get fuel and ice.

I think we will go up the Beeline unless someone wants to suggest another route.

(This is for the East valley guys who want to caravan to Punkin Center)

Last edited:

RH

You guys are making me homesick, thats my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Young.
You all have a good trip, watch for rattle snakes down there on the deseret.
Ray

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Should be an interesting trip with all the rain yesterday and today. Forecast for Young, Az is partly cloudy for Sat and Sun. Highs in the mid 60's and lows in the 40's at night.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
It should be great weather! We're almost packed up here, heading down in the morning for 2 nights;D I'm taking the Toyota and have waaaaaayyy too much stuff in the back, probably enough for a week, but when you car camp you can get away with it...

RH, you must have it rough! Growing up in Young, and now living in Cortez, talk about spoiled my scenery... Why don't you come down and meet us? You know where we're going.

RH

Thanks for the invite, but i can't make it (wish I could) maybe next year.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I talked to Doug last night, he pre-ran about half of the run yesterday and had concerns about the Cherry Creek Rd being washed out or impassable due to this weeks storms. So there's an alternative camp spot picked out just in case. I'll see you guy's 'somewhere' out there Saturday afternoon.

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I talked to Doug last night, he pre-ran about half of the run yesterday and had concerns about the Cherry Creek Rd being washed out or impassable due to this weeks storms.

I wonder how high the water has risen in the creek. If I remember correctly last year we were camping just a few feet above the water line.

I guess we'll see when we get there.

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry guys I'm out...the heads I got where garbage. Having new heads made to my specs at there expense. Have a great time...keep the rubber side down :cry:

OP
OP
Mr Rags

Mr Rags

Contributor
The rain and weather will this trip more interesting. At least it won't be like last year, 95 degrees, moon dust everywhere. I'm excited, but the wife is going to freeze her azz off (she is cold if it is under 100). I haven't wheeled during/after a storm since Feb., and I go wheeling every month. Damn sunny Arizona!

Couldn't believe Bill's luck! We put his motor back together, with the fresh re-man heads and started to fill the radiator. Water started coming out the intake runner on # 5. Thought it was an intake gasket. Put a new set of gaskets on, same problem. Took the motor back apart, heads off, and remove #5 intake valve. THERE WAS A HOLE THE SIZE OF A SCREWDRIVER IN THE INTAKE PORT TO THE WATER JACKET! Two days of work, oil, gaskets, down the drain. Sorry Bill, you can't plan for crap like this.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I should meet up with you all at the 188/288 junction in the morning. Hopefully there wont be to many hunters out there taking up the good camping spots. Early whitetail started today.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Darn Bill, thats too bad. I would have loved to go too. I love that area.
Hey RH, did you know Frank? He had the air strip in Young.

OP
OP
Mr Rags

Mr Rags

Contributor
The trip was great! All of the recent rain meant there was no dust. It was quite a bit cooler this year but a great run with great people.Thank you to all that attended.

If anyone has other pictures, please post them. Somehow I managed to not get any of camp.

Attachments

• Cherry Creek 10-10 002 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 002 (Large).jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 003 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 003 (Large).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 011 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 011 (Large).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 015 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 015 (Large).jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 017 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 017 (Large).jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 022 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 022 (Large).jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 037 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 037 (Large).jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Cherry Creek 10-10 038 (Large).jpg
    Cherry Creek 10-10 038 (Large).jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 29

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
It was a fantastic trip! Spending an extra day made it 10 times better, and something I think should be added to future runs. There was plenty of time to relax and explore. The weather was awesome, a little chilly in the morning and nice and cold to sleep at night.

Saturday morning about 2-ish I heard some noise outside the truck (my son and I were sleeping in the back), after we got up I notice bear tracks less than 6 feet from the tailgate! I sure wish I would have seen it, but very cool neverless. It appears it was just sniffing around the camp stove and wandered off.

The bon fire Saturday night was great, its always good to see old friends and make a few new ones.