• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AstrO HydroboosT QuestionS/ HelP

Popozuda7

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Ok, I need to sound correct. I have a Chevy Astro ( 94? I think) hydroboost that I pulled from a yard here in the 808.What do I need to make this work?? I talked to mad so I know that the mounting plate is not angled like his setup.

OP
OP
P

Popozuda7

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
The wife's computer is quirky, but here is my Info:: 351W, saginaw power steering, Chev! front disc conversion with the F350 dual camper master cyl. , stock H block on the frame. I still have stock drums on the rear as well. All I have is the Astro h-boost,and the fittings attached ( high pressure and return I think? ) Yes I did get schooled by the members, and I am willing to take all the information as well as insight to complete the install. Thanx Zuda......

BLAKEBRONCO

Loc.
Cumming Georgia
How are you mounting? I decided to create a mounting plate that is a little different than those I have seen. I used a bell crank, but I have the crank mounted horizontal. This allowed me to move the H-boost out over the inner fender and away from the engine. (Actually I stole the idea from a thread here). That's the beauty of this forum, you can take someones idea, change it to fit your needs, and poof! If you are interested in this set up, e-mail me and I'll try to get you a pic.

Wes harden

The GM "P" chassis come factor w/ a 90 degree bellcrank, could be modified to do less and would have to flipped over to point left.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
BLAKEBRONCO said:
(Actually I stole the idea from a thread here). That's the beauty of this forum, you can take someones idea, change it to fit your needs, and poof! If you are interested in this set up, e-mail me and I'll try to get you a pic.
Was that my idea? Post a pic of your set up...

Attachments

• DSC00020sm.jpg
    DSC00020sm.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 195
OP
OP
P

Popozuda7

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Mad an Others are the bomb!!

Mad the set up is sweet too bad the wife lacks faith in my skills of" fab an Make it work "I guess that is why I allways come over an Bother the hell out of you!! ( can't blame her though) Thanks for being a Good friend an putting up with my A#@, Anyway I will try the booster bracket with your help of course Mahalo bradda'z Zuda........... by the way I hope you found the solution to the bilstiens...

POWERBRAKEBOB

Hydroboost Conversions

We Have Been Installing New Hydroboosts On All Differnet Type Of Vehicles. On The Bronco, Depending On The Engine, We Have A 2 Bolt Mounting Plate That Fits On The Original Master Hole. If You Need Ot Move It Over, Tha Angle Bracket For The Vacuum Booster Can Be Used, Or We Have A New Under Dash Complete Pedal Assy To Mount The Hydroboost Over. We Also Have Any Combinatin Of Masters And Prop Valves For 2 Disc Or 4 Disc Set-ups. We Also Have One For The 77's Look At "powerbrakesonline.com"

OP
OP
P

Popozuda7

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Thank you

Hey I really appreciate the heads up as well as the multitude of options available I will deff check the site Mahalo Zuda........