• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Att Jon: Video images aren't showing up, but audio does

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Afternoon all-

I was wondering how many guys can't see video images when playing them here but can hear the audio of the video?? It seems like all videos work on phones, but most videos don't seem to play on desktops, although they have prior to about 2 months ago. ????

Here's an example to look at. I can watch and hear it on my phone but can only hear it on my desktop.

Scroll down to post #1727 and try the video
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/t...5-wb-stretch-2-floor-lower-p-s.278607/page-87

So I sent this email to Jon asking about it..

I was wondering if you have noticed that a couple months ago there are several of us that can't see any images on the videos anymore. We used to, same equipment, same software etc.

I noticed it a couple months back and thought it was just me (usually is) then a couple other guys noticed it also. Phones seem to play the videos but not desktops.

Any ideas what I can change at my end or is this a site issue or ??

Thanks a bunch.

nvrstuk

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm able to see and hear that video example you gave, both on my PC and my phone. Do you know of anyone else having this problem? Or do you have examples of other videos in other threads?

So I sent this email to Jon asking about it..
Curious what email you sent this to and when? I searched and can't find it.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Jon- your video works on all 3 of my devices.

Wonder what the heck is going on?? I haven't changed anything on my desktop in years. It runs Google chrome, has for years.
I will look up another video that doesn't work.

Hmmmmm....

Thanks for the feedback Pops68, appreciated

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Both those example videos work for me (video and sound) on both PC and phone.

I'm also using Chrome, so I don't think that's the issue. But maybe try using another browser to see if that makes any difference for you. If it does then you at least know it's a browser related issue.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Jon- here's a couple more examples- thanks

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/t...5-wb-stretch-2-floor-lower-p-s.278607/page-87
Post 1729

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/t...5-wb-stretch-2-floor-lower-p-s.278607/page-82
Post 1628

I remember 2 guys that said they couldn't see the videos on their desktops but could on their phones. ????
Both those example videos work for me (video and sound) on both PC and phone.

I'm also using Chrome, so I don't think that's the issue. But maybe try using another browser to see if that makes any difference for you. If it does then you at least know it's a browser related issue.

The two links above work for me in Chrome, but won't work in Firefox. Firefox returns the error shown below.

Attachments

• Video error.jpg
    Video error.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Hmmm….Firefox works fine for me on an iPad. Android is fine. Haven’t fired up the Desktop, but it’s pretty long in tooth and running Linux so maybe not as relavent. I wonder if it could be a Codec issue, but I wouldn’t have any idea how to determine that. 🙁