• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Attaching Brake and Fuel Lines

Jncuts

What is everyone using to attach their brake and fuel lines to the frame. All the parts suppliers have the dual line brackets to secure the lines, but no one offers a bolt or screw that can be used to attach the bracket to the frame.

The original lines were secured with some type of plastic bracket with a push in friction type connector that secures the lines to the frame. These connectors were destroyed when the original lines were removed.

Any ideas would be appreciated

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What is everyone using to attach their brake and fuel lines to the frame. All the parts suppliers have the dual line brackets to secure the lines, but no one offers a bolt or screw that can be used to attach the bracket to the frame.

The original lines were secured with some type of plastic bracket with a push in friction type connector that secures the lines to the frame. These connectors were destroyed when the original lines were removed.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Most of my lines are attached with Adel clamps (or equivalent) attached with self-tapping screws.

Todd Z.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I just use industrial cush clamps. Dont know the real name but thats we always called them. Simple metal ring with a rubber band on it and a screw hole. Use a nice looking tech screw and looks really nice

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I did as another said and used the stainless clips and drilled/tapped for stainless allen head bolts. Like the look. Also wrapped some shower tub liner around the fuel line to help protect it from chafing.

BrakeLines9_zpsmyf0rkz5.jpg

BrakeLines8_zpsmjvp0g8x.jpg

BrakeLines6_zpsmsdjbagl.jpg

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I did as another said and used the stainless clips and drilled/tapped for stainless allen head bolts. Like the look. Also wrapped some shower tub liner around the fuel line to help protect it from chafing.

BrakeLines9_zpsmyf0rkz5.jpg

BrakeLines8_zpsmjvp0g8x.jpg

BrakeLines6_zpsmsdjbagl.jpg

Very nicely done.

Mtgrizzlymn

Looks like plastic fuel lines! Do you flare the ends at all or does clamping enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Looks like plastic fuel lines! Do you flare the ends at all or does clamping enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used Push-to-Connect fittings for the nylon fuel lines. Currently just T&B zip-ties holding the lines and wiring loom together and to various body mounts etc. I'd be surprised if flaring the plastic would work. Ford just used hose clamps from what I gather.