• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Attaching EFI throttle cable to EB accelerator pedal?

crawln68

Bronco Guru
For all of you running EFI engines, how did you attach the EFI throttle cable to your EB accelerator pedal? Did you need to shorten or lengthen the throw of the EB pedal to get the proper amount of movement? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I didn't shorten or lengthen mine however the throttle is a bit touchy. I.E. While I am use to it I've had others comment on how touchy it is when they pushed it down a little and the response was more than they expected. To attach it I used some instructions I found somewhere here on the internet that involved drilling the hole out a little bigger, slotting the end, and then twisting the end so the EFI cable just slides into the slot. If you didn't know better you would think it was stock. Edit: Actually I think we twisted the end first which will help maintain the flat shape at the end.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
You can go back to the other post now and delete it. I deleted the reply I made in it and moved it here instead.

jmaples

Loc.
SEATTLE,
Attaching EFI throttle cable to EB pedal

If you want easy BC Broncos has a easy bolt on cable for $60.00

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
I didn't shorten or lengthen mine however the throttle is a bit touchy. I.E. While I am use to it I've had others comment on how touchy it is when they pushed it down a little and the response was more than they expected. To attach it I used some instructions I found somewhere here on the internet that involved drilling the hole out a little bigger, slotting the end, and then twisting the end so the EFI cable just slides into the slot. If you didn't know better you would think it was stock. Edit: Actually I think we twisted the end first which will help maintain the flat shape at the end.

That sounds like a good way of doing it. Thanks.

It still won't let me delete the other thread?? ?:?

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I used a part of a bycicle brake system that basically clamps the cabel with a bolt that has a hole in the middle then just drilled out the original ball connector on the pedal and bolted it up.

CRZA1

Loc.
Albuquerque
if you go to fordfuelinjection.com they have a write up. Its part of the inject your horse series. I think its the last file. It will telll you and show you how to modify it.

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
I used the Lokar throttle cable and it fits great. Just had to get rid of that ball on the pedal and drill out that hole. Like Saddle, the throttle is touchy, but after an hour of driving it you get used to it.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
crawln68 said:
That sounds like a good way of doing it. Thanks.

It still won't let me delete the other thread?? ?:?
It must not be releasing the thread. I would have expected it to release it once my reply was deleted.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Go here Brian Wickert's SEFI article and look at the 6th photo down. That's how I attached my Mustang throttle cable to the stock Bronco accelerator pedal. There's a paragraph by the pic explaining how he cut off the stock ball, then twisted n' slotted the arm.

I got tired of the sensitive gas pedal with the SEFI conversion. I cut and modified the stock pedal assembly to change the leverage ratio. Big improvement. There was a blurb on my mods in Bronco Driver several issues back, as part of an article that Ryan McCormick did. I can probably dig up pics and text if need be.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
lars said:
Go here Brian Wickert's SEFI article and look at the 6th photo down. That's how I attached my Mustang throttle cable to the stock Bronco accelerator pedal. There's a paragraph by the pic explaining how he cut off the stock ball, then twisted n' slotted the arm.

I got tired of the sensitive gas pedal with the SEFI conversion. I cut and modified the stock pedal assembly to change the leverage ratio. Big improvement. There was a blurb on my mods in Bronco Driver several issues back, as part of an article that Ryan McCormick did. I can probably dig up pics and text if need be.
Yep, that's how I did mine. I don't recall if this article is the same one I used or not but it might have been. Personally I like having the touchy throttle. When I get into other rigs they feel kind of mushy to me now. I.E. They don't seem to respond fast enough.

OP
OP
crawln68

crawln68

Bronco Guru
lars said:

I just read the article again, but if you have more pics and more detail about how you changed the mechanical leverage, that would be great!

a67and77

Loc.
Albuq.
I used the mustang cable, cut the ball off the bronco pedal, cut a slot into the arm and so far I'm using a zip tie to hold it on and has worked for about 6 months now. Just need to complete my temp zip tie job... ;D

gear_head

Rather than cut the ball and bend and twist the thing, I just took a small piece of steel flat stock, made the hole and slot, and welded it on. The hole is located directly behind the old ball. Easy 20 min job.

Delta4WheelDrive

Loc.
Bakersfield
Patrick, I just took the EFI mustang pedal, cut the end off, cut the end off the EB, and then welded on the mustang portion. Been good for a lot of years...