• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aussie locker test WOW!

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
Aussie Locker

It's very simular to a lock rite but they are a lot stronger and they almost have no binding issues when steering. I am very happy with my Aussie locker and 4:56 gears.

SnapB75

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
For people running the Aussie Locker up front how does it do on the street? My bronco is a daily driver and I would like to add some traction off-road. Would this locker be a good buy? I like the price. ;D What about the Lockright? I think that same person made both the Aussie and the Lockright.

Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
71HLFCAB

71HLFCAB

Loc.
Blairsville, Ga
They work great on the road so far, and they make no sound that I can tell. Should work good as a daily driver, and can't beat the price. The spool on the other hand is a different animal. You can hear the tires squalling for miles. ;D :cool: Good luck.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
SnapB75 said:
For people running the Aussie Locker up front how does it do on the street? My bronco is a daily driver and I would like to add some traction off-road. Would this locker be a good buy? I like the price. ;D What about the Lockright? I think that same person made both the Aussie and the Lockright.

Thanks for any help!
I have never drove with mine in 4x4 on the street so I cant answer that. yes its a good buy. Aussie has no tire size limit, thats why I like it.

broncnut

roundhouse said:
Looks like a Lock RIte.

is it different somehow?

I think I heard that this guy was the guy behind the lock rite. He sold his part and started on this one. the aussie locker. I have one installed in my HP44. Just need to finish up the front end so I can enjoy it.

AussieLocker

Loc.
Rochester, NY
Aussie Locker Heritage

We normally do not get involved in threads on our locker unless there is a technical issue, but there seems to be some concern or question on the heritage of our Aussie Locker. Yes, I was an owner of the company that developed the Lock Right and Powertrax line. I sold my interests in 1996 as did the inventor of the Lock Right itself. In 2003 I introduced the Aussie Locker based on a design from some very talented Australian engineers. There are patents pending on the Aussie Locker and it has over 22 differences between it and the Lock Right. We are very proud of the performance of our product and of the reliability. We thank all of you who own our product for your purchase and for those considering the purchase we hope to see you on our web site soon. If there are any questions we can answer, please feel free to send them to engineering@offroadlockers.com, sales@offroadlockers.com or direct to me bill@offroadlockers.com.

A&Mbronco

Loc.
Houston,TX
I definatly need to put one of those on the wish list!!!! My only concern is do you guys think the carrier would hold up to the Aussie and 37's, I'd definatly go alloy shafts but I'm a little worried about carrier strength.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
A&Mbronco said:
I definatly need to put one of those on the wish list!!!! My only concern is do you guys think the carrier would hold up to the Aussie and 37's, I'd definatly go alloy shafts but I'm a little worried about carrier strength.
I wouldn't trust the stock Dana 44 carrier for anything larger than 33" tires but then I am rough on axles and differentials. (I managed to break a Dana 44 Detroit Locker with 37" tires.)