• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auto Transmission?

jason barker

I want to swap in a c4, does it have to be a 4x4 model? Will the adapter I need make either model bolt up to D20? Thanks

NYLES

Bronco Guru
yes it has to be a 4x4 or youll have to convert it to one with a 4x4 tail shaft.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Where are you I have a spare in NW FL....needs rebuild but has adaptor and spud shaff.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Nyles, if you get it up to Jackson, I can probably get it as far as Houston if Jason would want to save some on shipping.

Jason, I don't know when you plan/need to have this done, but I go that direction about once a month.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I want $400 and shipping thats t case forward not sure if its got a torque converter on it or not if so thats with it. My dads coming from fl in may not sure when, ill see what i can find out.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I could probably go a different route and meet you in Buffalo, which is half way between Dallas and Houston. Looks like I can go I-20 to Shreveport and cut down through Carthage and Henderson. I don't mind trying a new route, as I have driven to Houston I-55/I-12/I-10 so many times and can do it in my sleep. Looks to only add about two hours to my trip. That should reduce your drive to about 2 hours each way.

Nyles, my house is just off I-55 on the other side of the freeway from the Cherokee Inn (Fondren) Northside Drive/Meadowbrook exit. I can come up to Free Run, you can drop off, or we can meet somewhere in the middle.

Just let me know what y'all work out. I'm heading to Houston next week, but figure my next trip will be early June; could be earlier depending on some ongoing projects.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
prolly be on the early june trip, still dont know when Dads comin over

OP
OP
J

jason barker

Thanks for all the help but after all the expense of the shipping it's going to cost to much for me.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Well, I wasn't going to charge you anything to drop it off if you could meet in Buffalo, but up to you. If you change your mind, let us know.