• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aux Fuel Tank Fill Tube, No Vent Tube???

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
'Just curious how many years the EB came with the aux tank fill tube with no vent tube. My '69 didn't have one and am looking forward to putting this simple upgrade in. What a PITA to fill in the past. %)

Attachments

• Fuel Fill Tube - Old & New 30.JPG
    Fuel Fill Tube - Old & New 30.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 60

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Wish I would have known you needed one. I removed my aux tank and won't be putting it back in.

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
15 years ago I bought an auxillary fuel tank from Toms. It came with a filler tube with no vent. I had to add the vent myself. Maybe your tank was an add on also.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I See why that alot of folfs complain about how long it took to fill their aux. tank.

OP
OP
BronCowie

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Somebody here knows the scoop. I don't, but here's my guess. The vent tubes weren't added until the EPA forced gas stations to put those spring loaded seals on their gas pump nozzles. So EBs earlier than ~'71 didn't have them. ?:?

OP
OP
BronCowie

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Bump...

So if I posed this question on the "Guess This Part Game" thread, I'd have an answer in no-time.

Here it is, one last attempt.

What year did Ford introduce the vent tube on the aux fuel tank fill tube? ?:?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I guess ahh '73 ..............thingy;) (oil embargo):(

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
My guess is 70 or 71 since the EPA was formed in Dec 1970. Vapor canister started then too

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I thought it was early early(charcoal canister) Just behind the dr.seat?

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Don't know the answer but my 68 main tank has one but the aux just has a nipple up near the top of the filler for a run of fuel line that I can't for the life of me get back on without kinking the hose. The nipple on the tank looks a little like an after thought as well. Now that I see this thread maybe it's a PO add on?