• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aux Fuel Tank Question

427SideOiler

Just picked up a used oem stock plastic Aux fuel tank and have found that when full it starts to leak around what appears to be a rubber seal on a small plug up above the vent tube. ( Not sure what year the tank is- this plastic plug has an even smaller brass hex head plug in the center of it) Does anyone sell the replacement rubber seal for the plastic plug- or is the plug even removable? I was thinking some tanks had this plug with a fitting as maybe an evaporative emissions fitting?
Trying to keep my 75 Bronco with original oem parts, rather than just buying a new aftermarket tank. Any help would be appreciated on how best to seal/repair the plug. I don't have a camera for a photo, but the plug is above the vent tube opening.