• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aux fuel tank sending unit removal/install

PDQ

Contributor
Hi,
I have checked threads and vendor sites and can't tell what I've got or exactly how to remove. Tank is plastic with FoMoCo embossed on it, but I thought the six screw sending unit retaining method was for earlier versions of aftermarket tanks.
And importantly to me now...do I need to pull the screws prior to the lock ring, or lock ring (similar to rear tank) only and screw ring just stays in place? I ask only because it may make a difference in having to lower the tank or not and it also doesn't look like the outer ring will allow the inner twist lock to come out of it as the groves don't line up....if that makes any sense.
It's hard to make out (and I can't figure out why pics post sideways sometimes) but if you look at the left side of the sending unit (bottom of pic) you can see the twist retaining ring and the outer screw in ring.

I just want to get this done in one shot....

Thanks as always.

Attachments

• Aux tank.jpg
    Aux tank.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
P

PDQ

Contributor
No one? This never happens here!

SHX669