• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

axle breather hose size?

Cheeop

Loc.
St. Louis
any idea what size they are so i can go buy more. i pulled them off and threw them away because they were torn and dryrotted when I lifted the EB and now I can't remember what size they were. thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably 3/8" or so?
I have one of the vent bolts in my hand right now, so I'll measure it. Kind of looks to be 5/16" now that I look at it closely.

Ok, narrow end is .324" and the barbed end flares out to .380" so it sounds like either size would work. A 3/8" hose would for sure need a clamp, but would seal decently, but that 5/16" might be the tighter fit around the shank for a better seal.

Paul

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
5/16 hose works well on the nipple. might be a squeeze to get it into the frame, but easy enough to deal with.

Razorbackbronco

I just bought some 1/4 fuel line and it was a perfect snug fit. I did heat the end up to make it easier to go on but it didn't need a clamp.

OP
OP
Cheeop

Cheeop

Loc.
St. Louis
thanks everyone. Used some 3/8 fuel line and clamps and its fine. I'm working with limited space under here, where do you guys run your rear hose line for the back. I saw where it looks like enters the frame but where does it go from there? right now i just ran it down the inside of the frame toward the back then followed the gas tank vent line up as high as i could get it into the rear quarter above the gas filler hose. I doubled it back down on itself with a small filter on the end.

anyone see something wrong with this? i figure I'd have to get in water so deep it would be in my fuel tank before it gets in the diff so as good as it's going to get.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
front and back, stick the lose end into the frame, front is just ontop of frame behind steering box and rear is on cross member right by where the axle brake line attaches to the bracket on the frame.

If your going into water that deep, you have other issues.