• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Axle wrap

KyddsPly

Looking for some ideas, I got high pinion 9 inch in a Curry HD housing. (Fish mouth weld). I was under the vehicle, because I like to lay there sometimes and look at stuff, and I noticed that my u-bolts for the u-joints looked odd. On closer inspection, the are bending outward do to contact with the drive line. I have contact marks on both.

I was looking at the vendors websites. The rat trap look like it would be ideal, but it advices against using my high pinion.

Could use some opinions here, is anyone using a high pinion, if so, what are you using to eliminate axle wrap without affecting articulation or travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I know the wrap trap doesn't work with a Hi-9 unless you have a ridiculous amount of lift. I'm redoing one because the drive shaft hits the crossbrace. Probably see how the Ruffstuff perches work out for now.

Mark

OP
OP
KyddsPly

KyddsPly

Running the Currie hi-pinion, man I did want the hi-nine though. So I'm a little lower than you. But still the same concern.

Running 5.5 lift with a 1 in. Body lift.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Torque arm. Shackle pivot at the front. Controls axle torque but does not get in the way of ride or articulation.

OP
OP
KyddsPly

KyddsPly

Is it a kit? Does a vende offer it?
Can you tell me a little more about it.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here is the James Duff version.

http://www.dufftuff.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=5326&x=0&y=0

This kit has recently been updated with a few improvements.

-consists of 100% DOM tubing
-crossmember and main assembly are sleeved in critical areas where torque is applied.
-double shear gusset added to main bar assembly
-offered in HD version for rock crawling and/or 400+ hp