• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Backup light Help

Killer Frogs

Loc.
Amarillo, TX
73 Bronco, had 3 on the tree, now has NV3550. Reverse lights never worked, and I connected the wires from the NV3550 to the wires from the old switch. I checked the lamps with a test light and nothing. As I chase the wires should one of the wires coming from the plug at the firewall (see pic) be hot? I don't think it is now. I have the wire diagram to start chasing, but any help/experience is appreciated!

Attachments

• CAM01623.jpg
    CAM01623.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 67

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
you just need a power source going into the 3500 plug and a wire going to your lights.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
73 Bronco, had 3 on the tree, now has NV3550. Reverse lights never worked, and I connected the wires from the NV3550 to the wires from the old switch. I checked the lamps with a test light and nothing. As I chase the wires should one of the wires coming from the plug at the firewall (see pic) be hot? I don't think it is now. I have the wire diagram to start chasing, but any help/experience is appreciated!

Yes. Power to one of the black-red wires comes from fuse #2.

Attachments

• backup.jpg
    backup.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 37

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Power only when the key is on too.
You probably knew that, but when you get into the heat of battle, that little tidbit gets forgotten sometimes.:)

Paul