• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baja Race Bronco time capsule

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stroppe Racer on eBay

Yeah, that's a pretty neat old racer. I've been getting lots of email inquirys about it on my BajaBronco.com site. Myself and some other enthusiasts/historians have noticed a couple things people may not realize about the truck: The stickers on the body indicate that the truck was likely raced in the late 70s or even early 80s. So, don't go looking in your early 70s 4x4 magazines for pics of this rig. Also, the quality of workmanship and design of the fab work is definitely not consistant with that of the Stroppe Race Team. So this truck, while an original production Baja Bronco, is not an actual STROPPE-PREPARED or backed racer. Take a look at the aluminum inner fenders and shock hoops and compare them to Big Oly. You'll see what I mean. I'm not meaning to pick the truck apart, I just don't want to see the truck misrepresented in the future or see someone spend 15k bucks on a truck they think has a deeper pedigree than it actually does. It sure would make a neat sand rig or a fun cruiser if converted to street though. Just shoot a couple coats of clear over the paint!

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
SACHEM2000 said:
[B I wish i could have seen baja in the Bronco days.

It is not too late yet!
Hey Chuck, Phil still looking for support?
Head on down there Jason and see them for yourself.
Is there three of you that are running Chuck?
Locopony Racing?
Chris

OP
OP
SACHEM

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I would love to but I would be a hinderance in the pits. I do not believe my wrenching skills are up to par. I still haven't figured out why my 302.0 sefi conversion died and has no spark. i'm just not there.....yet.;D