• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Barn find 73 Sport

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
First light of day since about 1998. I gave it to my brother who drove it home to Michigan. A couple years later he started a restoration project followed by a deevorce and loosing the house. It been sitting in his barn since about 2000. It was roadworthy when it was parked.

I bought it from a coworker at Rocky Flats about 1981 for $750 and drove it home. Had a shudder on the road. He was told the C4 was bad. All it needed was new spline in the rear driveshaft. I covered the Rocky Mountains with it from Mexico to Canada. Put about 60,000 miles on it. Lots of memories. Most of my pictures are on slides somewhere in storage.

He’s going to get it drivable and put it up for sale.

IMG_1470.jpeg IMG_1471.jpeg

Last edited:

chuddy

Man that's super cool. Is that Pebble Beige? Looks really similar to a U13 I pulled out of the weeds last year:

QypAntL.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hooked a boat tank up to the carb and stuck a battery in it. Started right up. Runs nice! Hard to believe. Good oil pressure. Warmed up and thermostat held it at 190. Hasn’t run in over 20 years.

Attachments

• IMG_1487.mov
    36.1 MB
OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks good for its age!

Do you know how much he's asking for it?

I‘ll post it in classifieds when he comes up with a price. He needs to find someone with stupid money. Poor guy has been taken to the cleaners by two wimmins. His oldest son, Eric, is the one that lost his arms in Afghanistan. His youngest, Bryan, is the one that died of a fentanyl OD. Be nice to see him get lucky on the sale.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Runs strong and sounds great. C4 leaks around the shift shaft. Reverse won’t engage after the 20 some year sit. Transfer case shifts great. Hubs lock and unlock nice. Brakes were dry. Topped off the master and pumped it a bunch. Got some brakes back but seriously need bleeding. Bleeders are frozen. We were more excited to see it go than stop.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kinda brought back memories of the Christmas Bronco story I posted years ago.

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Going to list it on BAT. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Dave

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That will be a job for the next owner.

sk1nw4lk3r

I'll be curious if they take it - maybe they will since it's a Bronco! Take tons of great pictures and be very upfront about it all to increase your chances.

Todd Z.
They have become VERY choosey lately- And more often than not want a listing with no reserve.