• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Barret Jackson Bronco

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Last weekend I went to Barret Jackson Auction in Scottsdale. There was a '69 Bronco in the auction, but I can't find what it went for in the sales results page

It was a nice paint job on a glass body. Listed as having a 429 in it. Looked nice.

Attachments

• overall.jpg
    overall.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 455
OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
As for the interior, it was a little bare. All the factory stuff was gone and there was a hoky generic turn signal switch installed. The gas pedal looks like a junkyard GM part added at the last minute.

The firewall was butchered and moved back about 6"

The interior was coated with a lot of beadliner.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 461
OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The scary part was the frame. It looks to ba a late model driveline. Including a huge BW TC. Since there wasn't room for it, the cut out the frame and patched the outside. When that wasn't enough, the notched the patch.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 442

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I kept looking at that EB and it was driving me nuts, I could not put my finger on Why it did not look right , or was not finished. \\
Took me a while, But it has no Mirrors, That won't work.
I always get a ticket when I go to the drive in Without mirrors.
( I tried it twice):p

VT_Don

marketing

I've followed the collector car market for many years. Interesting how this popular car auction works. Say you're a dealer/retoration shop specializing in a particular model. May be street rods, Italian exotics, big block Vettes, Shelbys, etc. Doesn't really matter what as long as the model is rare and you have inventory. You consign one to the Barret-Jackson sale then bid it to the moon. Granted you've lost money on the commission. But here's the bonus, you've now set the "market price" on your inventory, and displayed a demand for that model.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

MI-Bronco

Re: marketing

VT_Don said:
I've followed the collector car market for many years. Interesting how this popular car auction works. Say you're a dealer/retoration shop specializing in a particular model. May be street rods, Italian exotics, big block Vettes, Shelbys, etc. Doesn't really matter what as long as the model is rare and you have inventory. You consign one to the Barret-Jackson sale then bid it to the moon. Granted you've lost money on the commission. But here's the bonus, you've now set the "market price" on your inventory, and displayed a demand for that model.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

Like a rich guys ebay!!

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
I've seen this Bronco before, it's actually got a 460, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a decent paint job. I saw it in California, but at the time it had Oregon plates. The drivetrain had been converted but it still had manual steering and four wheel drums. The order of the changes baffled me at the time; a 460 and no way to steer it or stop it. At least it had a decent paint job...

OP
OP
Broncobowsher

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I was prusuming that it had a 460 in it. The info sheet stated a 429. Looks like they just pulled the driveline out of a full size truck snd stuffed it in.
The hood wan't open or I would have taken a picture of that too.
The paint was very nice, but that looks like where most of the budget went. The seats are the cheapest plastic Baja buckets you can get. I know I had a set for about a year back when I was a little younger.

Is it just me, or am I the only one appoled at the modification to the frame?

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
YEa, That looks like some serious hack and wack on the frame. Just courious what it sold for. Personally I would'nt give $2500.00 for it.