• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

yamar73

It seems the higher the sale price, the less I like them. On BaT anyway.
I sold my last Bronco in 2002 and am just starting to look for another and it's interesting which ones seem to bring in more money. So many with poor quality bodywork and unappealing mods.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep they're not Bronco people. The nicely restored stock or restomod trucks appeal to Bronco folks but not the goofy ones that bring the high sales prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
This one is interesting. The rear flares' position being so far off really bug me:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-ford-bronco-66/

When I mentioned it in the comments, the seller said almost all early Broncos are like that and his is better than most! Who knew!

Todd Z.

That is correct Todd. Geez I thought you knew better!;D

Yes that one is rough. The majority of these start with the same flipper giveaway. "This Bronco was purchased by the seller in 2021"

Jakedog

This one is interesting. The rear flares' position being so far off really bug me:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-ford-bronco-66/

When I mentioned it in the comments, the seller said almost all early Broncos are like that and his is better than most! Who knew!

Todd Z.

I really like the close up pictures of the hood pins. No fan shroud, and it looks like the radiator hose is laying on the alternator.
And yeah, those flares are fubar.

fosgate150

I apologize if it was someone on here selling it but that 69 that sold yesterday had the worst orange peel paint I have ever seen... Someone even commented asking if it was painted over rhino liner! and it sold for $77K!!!

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
You're right the paint did look a little rough the owner said to wet sand clearcoat you wonder why he didn't do it

It brought 77 without it so maybe he know more than we do! I am not sure that the buyer that is buying these for that money know the difference.

TNcowboy

It brought 77 without it so maybe he know more than we do! I am not sure that the buyer that is buying these for that money know the difference.

He probably doesn't, but he's fixin to learn

That orange peal is only an asset if you need to scratch your back

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Weird how no one wants a car until everyone else wants the same car.

These people don't want a Bronco, they just want them now that they are expensive status symbols .

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Weird how no one wants a car until everyone else wants the same car.

These people don't want a Bronco, they just want them now that they are expensive status symbols .

Which makes it hard for the folks who have truly enjoyed them before they got so popular. Drives the price of the vehicle (and parts) above what the average person can afford.

Those who sold years ago, thinking they'd get another when their circumstances improved have found they're out of luck. Hate that the true enthusiasts can't compete with the deep pockets.....those are the folks that have helped the Bronco survive all this time to still be on the road/trail.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On the other hand there's enough profit in making and selling parts to provide for an entire cottage industry we all benefit from.
Kind of a rising tide phenomenon. And it's saved a lot of Broncos from the scrapyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
With respect to this (Clydesdate 4 door) it is a beautiful truck, but....and I'm not sure how they did it, but how could it possibly have an 11 character VIN? Since 1981 all vehicles manufactured are required to have a 17 character VIN. NOTHING about the VIN is an accurate description of this. I saw where someone was challenging a seller over something similar so it made me curious. I know from building my 89, there are some very limited circumstances where you can get a VIN transferred to a replacement frame, but it's rare. This can't be a true "replacement" chassis as there were no legit ones built like this. There is a nice plaque riveted to it and a pic of the VIN on the glove box door.
Glove box door pic 119/125.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
It says in the description that they did stretch the frame.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
It says in the description that they did stretch the frame.

Saw that, but I'd be curious how much (if any) of the original frame was used. There aren't any build pics, so hard to tell. In either case, the frame (better said...VIN) is assigned to a 2 door Bronco with a 6 cylinder. The tag (I think in pic 120), calls it a "replacement frame".