• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
It should do well. I get the butterfly's because some of the sales don't make sense there but if the buyers look close they will see this one is special. Good luck.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Saw that, but I'd be curious how much (if any) of the original frame was used. There aren't any build pics, so hard to tell. In either case, the frame (better said...VIN) is assigned to a 2 door Bronco with a 6 cylinder. The tag (I think in pic 120), calls it a "replacement frame".

A lot of these stretch models that I have seen simply split the frame and add additional tubing with the proper gusseting to make it whole again. Front and rear of the original frame are kept, keeping the original vin numbers.

Many original 6 cyl broncos running around that have been replaced with 8 cyl or more modern engines, hell even the smaller 4bt diesel engines.

I understand questioning the frame extension to a degree, but seems like your getting rather nit-picky on the rest..

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Thank You!!! I am really excited and sick to my stomach all at the same time!

We went through the drama of selling with my son a few months ago. When he was selling a sports car on Bring a Trailer. Good luck to you, I believe you will do well, it's a beauty.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
A lot of these stretch models that I have seen simply split the frame and add additional tubing with the proper gusseting to make it whole again. Front and rear of the original frame are kept, keeping the original vin numbers.

Many original 6 cyl broncos running around that have been replaced with 8 cyl or more modern engines, hell even the smaller 4bt diesel engines.

I understand questioning the frame extension to a degree, but seems like your getting rather nit-picky on the rest..

I get the "stretched" idea, and I wasn't trying to nit pick on it. That wasn't the point. This (the Clydesdale) is similar to a Centurion. The Centurion is really not just a 4 door "Bronco". In spite of it's similar appearance, and the common reference by the FSB guys. And it is titled as such. In either case, it's no longer a "Bronco" when the body has been stretched and built on a "replacement" chassis that just happens to be an F250/F350 chassis. The Clydesdale is just an earlier version of a Centurion. The bottom line is that Ford never mass produced a four door early Bronco. But the body is inconsequential on a framed vehicle The difference (in my mind) is that builders are representing and titling them as "Broncos" when they really arent. That was (partially) the point in mentioning the engine. When the builders stick a Ford VIN from an early Bronco on a "replacement" frame, they are trading off the original Bronco. There is a difference between using a slightly modified original frame where the original VIN and CVIN are both in tact, and one that has a highly modified frame where some random margin of metal surrounding the original VIN is transferred to a replacement frame. ....or...someone reproduces the original VIN on a "replacement" frame. That is more than likely criminal.
On a different tangent, I would be worried about this would play out in the case of theft. If I sink a bunch of money into any vehicle, only to find out that the bones were stolen....I'd be pissed.
Bottom line in my mind having been through this......
1) The Clydesdale is only slightly more "Bronco" than mine. Mine is also built on a "replacement" frame. Aftermarket sheetmetal on the Clydesdale is no more "original" than fiberglass. I still have a warranty tag on my glove box door, and an original, albeit modified, Bronco dash. Probably a few more pieces that don't come to mind. If it would bother the Bronco community that I would maintain that mine is a "Bronco" (which it does indicate on my title) then it should also feel the same about the Clydesdale. It is/was not a Ford production vehicle......It's a self assembled fantasy creation.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Don't forget the new wheel arches.

I feel sorry for this bronco. It reminds me of one of those dogs being rescued on the ASPCA commercial.

And yet it still brought 32,500 plus fees. This one is going to be a lot of work

BruiserOutdoors

Well, 337 was closer but it was a no sale at 300k high bid. Crazy money floating around out there.

I think the lack of top and windows held it to 300. that was a concern of one of the higher bidders. I overlooked the windows thing until reading the comments

Jakedog

What's the point of the plywood, or my bringing it up again?
I was just wondering how many people actually saw the plywood. If that bronco actually sees some rain or even the car wash, it's gonna hold on to the moisture real well.

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
Look at picture 134. That's just wrong.

Maybe an annoying rattle fix like JefeAZ said? Looks like a nice new piece of plywood! For now....

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a body mount bolt put in upside down in pic 142 on that same truck?

Jakedog

Maybe an annoying rattle fix like JefeAZ said? Looks like a nice new piece of plywood! For now....

And correct me if I'm wrong, but is that a body mount bolt put in upside down in pic 142 on that same truck?

It sure looks like it. I'd like to see the other side of that.