• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The market is still there. An average driver at over 100k after fees.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw that, wasn’t sure what the big attraction was, maybe the rainbow engine compartment

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check it out! They are still bringing top dollar. not even a Coyote and this 70 with 302 brought 192K

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I was absolutely floored by the results of that sale. The seller sells a lot of Broncos on BaT so I think that helped him immensely. Those wheels have a tremendous amount of offset or there are wheel spacers on there. I can hear the wheel bearings howling from here.

Todd Z.

BruiserOutdoors

I was absolutely floored by the results of that sale. The seller sells a lot of Broncos on BaT so I think that helped him immensely. Those wheels have a tremendous amount of offset or there are wheel spacers on there. I can hear the wheel bearings howling from here.

Todd Z.
Could they be full width axles? I didnt notice spacers specifically but also didn't look extremely hard.

Pic 100 shows coil springs that are not straight up and down so it made me wonder

Mark1911

Todd Z.
And a small hub bearing Dana 30, probably still running a 28 spline 9". The load at the end of those rear axle shafts is tremendous, one good pothole and broken axle. Less offset wheels are needed. Looks cool from the side with that stance, but that's it, IMO.
OMG 200k..........
What's this Bronco thing coming to, never a dull moment. Glad I have one. lol

Mark

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Wow…. Just a really nice truck that has some nice restomod touches. For that kind of dollars, I’d really expect to see some nice upgraded components that would drive the price up or that 500 mile survivor that sat in a climate controlled basement for 50 years or it have serious prominence from a popular movie set of something. To answer the question, look close, yes it has wheel spacers, zoom in on pic 31.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow…. Just a really nice truck that has some nice restomod touches. For that kind of dollars, I’d really expect to see some nice upgraded components that would drive the price up or that 500 mile survivor that sat in a climate controlled basement for 50 years or it have serious prominence from a popular movie set of something. To answer the question, look close, yes it has wheel spacers, zoom in on pic 31.
Some of these new buyers with excess cash are really being drawn in to the Brittany Blue with the Icon style seats and I think that is what they are focused on. That, a few drinks and two bidders at auction create more hype in the market. What a strange time it is.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another 302 based resto bringing Coyote kind of money. the beat goes on...

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And one with a 351 brings 130k. It was a nice resto.

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Damn! I hope the market stays strong - I'll be selling my '72 Alfa Romeo GTV on BAT in the spring.

63184600831__835F7364-3F24-4936-87F2-F8E9F946D76C.jpg

Last edited:

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
keep it I regret selling my 74 gtv and miss it
I had fully built 78 sport sedan,in high school it was fun playing with camaro s in the 1980s s

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
It's kind of a bummer seeing such high prices for restomods while this really clean -- and pretty much correct -- roadster is only mid-30s with 15 hours to go.