• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This 4BT powered gem closed a couple days age. Turned into a đź’© show ending with hard feelings sale. Someone got lucky in my opinion. Read the comments. cant imagin how much was spent on that build.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-ford-bronco-243/

Especially in light of that $76K sale we discussed above.

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
There’s some real nice stuff on BAT. Lately some clean stock stuff like KSM’s that are not making reserve. This one looks like a bit of lip stick on a pig. Currently at $60K.

View attachment 927638 View attachment 927639 View attachment 927640 View attachment 927641 View attachment 927642

It sold for $76,500! 🙄
Yeah, somebody's going to be disappointed when they get home and see the rust in those inner fenders. And God forbid they take it on a trail and flex it out a bit.

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This 4BT powered gem closed a couple days age. Turned into a đź’© show ending with hard feelings sale. Someone got lucky in my opinion. Read the comments. cant imagin how much was spent on that build.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-ford-bronco-243/

Especially in light of that $76K sale we discussed above.
I'm glad you brought that up. Somebody's going to be p#ssed off there but I'm glad it happened the way I think it did. It appears the seller had the previous owner bid it up in hopes of raising the selling price and then the plan backfired and the previous owner ended up being the new owner since BaT chipped in some $$ to make the deal. If that's the case, then the former/new owner is going to pay a buyer's fee on a truck that he wasn't buying in the first place....curious how that all plays out in the background.

Todd Z.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m not sure if it went back to the party selling or some lucky bidder that was getting played.

Kinda slow bidding today on a decent looking truck that I thought would go for more than that $76.5k one with the rust holes and “four wheel disk brakes”.

My brother’s closes tomorrow.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Saw this one today at the Kissimmee Mecum auction…. There were 4 total but I only saw this one go across the block.

Spoke with him - built 302 (not coyote), 4speed, clean straight and fresh paint, spotless interior. Reserve was $150k!! Stalled at $85k

IMG_2169.jpeg IMG_2168.jpeg IMG_2179.jpeg

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
$85K was a great price for that, $40-$60K seems like an average price for a clean rig these days...

Think that’s an accurate observation. The “craze” seems to be subsiding. Some of the builds off a new frame, body, coyote… seem to be pulling in over $100K.

Think we were a day late and a dollar short on our listing. Was hoping for some of that craze money but we did ok.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm glad you brought that up. Somebody's going to be p#ssed off there but I'm glad it happened the way I think it did. It appears the seller had the previous owner bid it up in hopes of raising the selling price and then the plan backfired and the previous owner ended up being the new owner since BaT chipped in some $$ to make the deal. If that's the case, then the former/new owner is going to pay a buyer's fee on a truck that he wasn't buying in the first place....curious how that all plays out in the background.

Todd Z.
It's going to go across the block at an upcoming Mecum auction.

Todd Z.