• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumann Optishift to run AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AODE), 4R75, E4OD and 4R100

66Bronco

I would opt to wait but if the group elects to buy now I'm OK with it. Yes, I can pay now.

-Terry

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
Okay Guys, we now have ten people wanting the Optishift. With this many individuals wanting this product, we are eligible for a $100 discount. By getting 10 more, we will save an additional $50 making the Optishift costing a total of $470. Do we want to wait for that or do we want to purchase now at $520? Can everyone on the list pay Bauman now if we proceed? What is the group consensus?

Great timing. I'm planning on starting my 4R70W upgrade within the next month and was going to buy an Optishift anyway. Please add me to the list. I can pay right away.

I'm OK with moving forward now or waiting a little longer for a few more people, depending on the group consensus.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
if everyone decides to wait im a maybe. i have the trans but have not started that part of the build yet simply because the other cost farctors i.e. gears, lockers, axles, driveshafts.

hope to jump on, this product looks sweet! and I know its a definite must for enjoying the 4R70W

hey maybe I can lock out the overdrive feature or simply turn it off untill I have the right gears in?

justinkwitt

Has anyone checked to see if people on the mustang or even *cough cough* chevy forums would be interested. The controller does some of the gm trannies too so we might be able to get more this way....

Btw I can pay now, but spending $50 less would be nice.... :)

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I would like to know when the dead line for paying will be. I have the trans and want to install it some time in the near furture.

dylan71bronco

1. fordguy
2. tintman
3. gibberogill
4. 66bronco
5. samamarshall
6.dadsf150
7. Butros
8. Justinkwitt
9. Nahledge ( depending on the timeframe)
10. Forester2504
11. Dylan71Bronco (I'm in for sure if you guys wait until the list hits 20)

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1. fordguy
2. tintman
3. gibberogill
4. 66bronco
5. samamarshall
6.dadsf150
7. Butros
8. Justinkwitt
10. Forester2504

so we are at nine for sure.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Like dylan71bronco I am in once the list hits 20. If I need it sooner I'll let you know

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I would like to be added to the list but would like to know when the dead line is or if one has been set yet. I can wait to purchase because I am in no hurry to purchase but do plan on needing one. I already have the trans sitting in the garage. Just need to find time to work on it.

forester2504

Loc.
Georgia
I can pay now, but it would be nice to save an additional $50. Check mustang and Chevy forums.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ourkansasbronco

Loc.
Pea Ridge, AR
Originally Posted by dylan71bronco
1. fordguy
2. tintman
3. gibberogill
4. 66bronco
5. samamarshall
6.dadsf150
7. Butros
8. Justinkwitt
10. Forester2504
12. ourkansasbronco (Can go now or wait, either way)

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
I have. If you're baulking over the cost - don't. Almost infinite possibilities with shift points, rpm's, torque converter lock...you name it. Damn near click the connectors and go. You WILL Need to install the software before you attempt any driving, but once that SIMPLE setup is complete, you're off to the races.

Very simple to change, update, tweak and off you go. I'm VERY pleased with how well Kevin backs up his product. Very well put together, LOTS of extra wire length. I'd buy again without a doubt if my next one were to be an auto.

Lol. Brother, I put that buy together so you don't have to sell me on how good the deal was. You don't even want to know what I ended up paying for mine.:)

I was just curious as I STILL have not had the opportunity to install mine.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Gentleman,

I had a few members from chevy forumns and classic fords as well. I was also contacted by others when mine ended who missed out. It would be worth your while to post on those boards to get more buyers. I can forward the emails of those that contacted me if you want to see if they are still interested.